• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 4.Apr.2007 4:54:17 PM   
rooppert

Curious situation... I have a handful of users telling me that when they send email through OWA or a mobile device the email goes to their drafts folder and never gets sent.  The rest of my user base (consisting of admins and non-admins) are not having any problems whatsoever.  Fortunately, I happen to be among the latter.  However, it doesn't make the situation any less puzzling as I can't find a commonality amongst the user's AD accounts or mailbox settings.

I have read over the limited postings with similar descriptions with no luck.  The enviornment consists of a single Exch07 server on server 2003 ent.  We still have two Exch03 (FE & BE) servers up, but neither hosting mailboxes or really serving any function.  I've also checked the submission and transport services on the 07 box, and they appear to be functioning fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Post #: 1
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 15.Apr.2007 7:53:41 PM   
konnexion

Experiencing exactly the same issue here. Mail sent from a mobile device or using OWA is stuck in drafts. If I reboot the server the problem goes away for a while but soon returns. Possibly started happening after installing w2k3x64 SP2.

Did you ever resolve this ?

Ian

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 16.Apr.2007 11:16:55 AM   
rooppert

Not yet.  I currently have a case open with Microsoft.  I'll be sure to post back any possible solution that we come up with.

(in reply to konnexion)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 16.Apr.2007 12:02:28 PM   
konnexion

It must have something to do with the Client Access Server role as Outlook internally works fine. Only Mobile Devices and OWA are broken.

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 23.Apr.2007 5:46:07 PM   
rooppert

Ian,

I'm still working with the Microsoft Exchange support desk on this issue.  However, we've been able to determine that as random as the issue is, we can most easily reproduce it in OWA or on mobile devices if Outlook 2007 is left open on a local machine for the same mailbox.  Do you know if this is the case for your organization?

Even though we are still troubleshooting, the tech I'm working with has forwarded all details to the Exchange programing team for possible bug fix.  Don't know if that will be the case, just an FYI.

(in reply to konnexion)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 23.Apr.2007 5:50:29 PM   
rooppert

Also, and I may be grasping at straws here, but did you have any problems during the installation of Exchange 2007 on your x64 server?  I only ask because we had a problem in the middle of the install where the server just stopped reading the DVD drive.  I actually had to force out of the install mid way and repair/start over.

(in reply to konnexion)
Post #: 6
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 30.Apr.2007 8:52:39 AM   
kenjancef

quote:

ORIGINAL: rooppert

Ian,

I'm still working with the Microsoft Exchange support desk on this issue.  However, we've been able to determine that as random as the issue is, we can most easily reproduce it in OWA or on mobile devices if Outlook 2007 is left open on a local machine for the same mailbox.  Do you know if this is the case for your organization?

Even though we are still troubleshooting, the tech I'm working with has forwarded all details to the Exchange programing team for possible bug fix.  Don't know if that will be the case, just an FYI.

I have a small installation at home, and only I use it, and I am having the same issue, using OWA. It doesn't happen for all emails, just a few, and it is random. It does seem that when I click on the "Drafts" folder, the emails disappear. I can deal with that for now, but a fix would be nice.

Thanks.

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 7
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 30.Apr.2007 9:53:30 AM   
rooppert

By design all outgoing emails go though drafts in OWA 2007.  I would bet that even though you see a highlighted drafts folder the mail is gone and probably delivered already to its destination.  Try sending to an external account (hotmail, etc.) and check it before you click on the highlighted drafts folder; it's probably already delivered.  In addition to the overall issue we're experiencing, we've seen what you're getting from day one of our implementation of 2K7.  Hopefully Microsoft has added that to their list of bug fixes for SP1.

(in reply to kenjancef)
Post #: 8
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 10.May2007 5:02:54 PM   
konnexion

quote:

Ian,

I do have an instance of Outlook 2003 running permenently in a VM but not 2007

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 9
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 10.May2007 5:07:12 PM   
konnexion

quote:

Also, and I may be grasping at straws here, but did you have any problems during the installation of Exchange 2007 on your x64 server?  I only ask because we had a problem in the middle of the install where the server just stopped reading the DVD drive.  I actually had to force out of the install mid way and repair/start over.

No, no issues during Exchange 2007 install. The problem has got so bad I'm thinking of rebuilding the server. My Windows Mobile device is useless to me now since I'm unable to send mail reliably from it - the reply will sit in Drafts on the server until i force send it from Outook

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 10
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 11.May2007 10:37:14 AM   
kenjancef

quote:

ORIGINAL: konnexion

quote:

Ian,

I do have an instance of Outlook 2003 running permenently in a VM but not 2007

I do. That is exactly how I have it set up at home. I have a sysem connected to my server that is logged in as me, and I have Outlook 2007 open, downloading my email via POP, that spits it in my mailbox. Maybe that is why I get the issue? But it is still intermittent. I can send 10 emails to the same address and it is fine, then the 11th gets stuck. Weird....

Maybe SP1 will fix it??

(in reply to konnexion)
Post #: 11
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 21.May2007 5:47:03 AM   
acidifix

i've also get emails stuck in draft folder using OWA.
i'm running Exchange 2007 in a CCR topology with two HT and one CAS.

did you find a solution to this problem?

thx :)

(in reply to kenjancef)
Post #: 12
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 27.May2007 5:41:24 PM   
sfhank

Exchange 2007 Transport Service will stop working if there is less than 4 GB of free space.  Change the queue db and log files to a location that has more space.  See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f170cb0c-04a9-4fa7-b594-206e3a787e14.aspx.

(in reply to acidifix)
Post #: 13
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 12.Jun.2007 3:41:46 PM   
gwhitson

quote:

Curious situation... I have a handful of users telling me that when they send email through OWA or a mobile device the email goes to their drafts folder and never gets sent.  The rest of my user base (consisting of admins and non-admins) are not having any problems whatsoever.  Fortunately, I happen to be among the latter.  However, it doesn't make the situation any less puzzling as I can't find a commonality amongst the user's AD accounts or mailbox settings.

I have read over the limited postings with similar descriptions with no luck.  The enviornment consists of a single Exch07 server on server 2003 ent.  We still have two Exch03 (FE & BE) servers up, but neither hosting mailboxes or really serving any function.  I've also checked the submission and transport services on the 07 box, and they appear to be functioning fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Did anyone ever find a resolution to this problem?

Thanks

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 14
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 19.Jun.2007 4:49:46 AM   
konnexion

quote:

Not yet.  I currently have a case open with Microsoft.  I'll be sure to post back any possible solution that we come up with.

Any update on this roopert ?

(in reply to rooppert)
Post #: 15
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 19.Jun.2007 12:50:01 PM   
mrsam3

quote:

quote:

Any solutions yet? I am having this problem too :(

(in reply to konnexion)
Post #: 16
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 19.Jun.2007 1:20:44 PM   
mrsam3

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrsam3

quote:

quote:

Any solutions yet? I am having this problem too :(

OK I have mine working from a idea from a previous poster.  I have Outlook 2003 running on my home pc (with vpn) and my work pc direct on the LAN, and a Outlook 2003 install on a Windows Terminal Server, and I am trying to send with my mobile device with no luck. 

I closed all three and it started working and I lauched all three of them up to try to find a cause and it's still working?  The only Outlook that i know that I didn't close in the last 2 weeks would have been the terminal server one.  So maybe that was it?

I should mention I was able to send email last night with no problem after I deleted a 5GB file.  I already had 20GB of free space though... then this morning it started again. 

< Message edited by mrsam3 -- 19.Jun.2007 1:36:19 PM >

(in reply to mrsam3)
Post #: 17
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 19.Jun.2007 1:35:12 PM   
mrsam3

actually it looks like I was having the problem when my terminal server Outlook was open, I must have sent it too quickly.  But I checked it 4-5 times and it does not send unless it's closed.  I will have to reinstall it when I get back to my office.

(in reply to konnexion)
Post #: 18
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 25.Jun.2007 7:30:12 PM   
malynj

I had a similar issue to this problem, and I found out that I had to adjust my Windows Firewall settings to fix this.  I essentially used:

netstat -n -o -a | find /i "list"

to get a list of listening ports, and their process ID numbers.
Then went to task manager to get the executable name, and mapped that to actual files.  Then I excluded each Exchange-related file from the firewall.  After that, messages were sending fine.  I had a front-end/back-end configuration, and it seems like the back-end server couldn't notify the front-end that an outbound message was pending.

(in reply to mrsam3)
Post #: 19
RE: OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder - 2.Jul.2007 9:06:35 AM   
busbar

check the following article:
http://busbar.maktoobblog.com/?post=210778

(in reply to malynj)
Post #: 20

Page:   [1] 2   next >   >> << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA Sent Email Stuck in Drafts Folder Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter