• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA User Login Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> OWA User Login Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA User Login Problem - 2.Feb.2001 2:49:00 PM   
jrussell

OWA has always run with no problems, until today. 99% of the people can not log in through the OWA interface, it keeps requesting the username and password. Yet there are a 'couple' of people that it still works with. We are stumped. Any help would greatly be appreciate.
Post #: 1
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 2.Feb.2001 3:01:00 PM   
BruteForce

Any error messages in the event log?

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 2.Feb.2001 3:42:00 PM   
jrussell

quote:
Originally posted by BruteForce:
Any error messages in the event log?

Apparently the IUSER_MAIL acct had been deleted at one point in time, but long ago. We have added the account back. Still doesn't work.

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 2.Feb.2001 3:56:00 PM   
jrussell

just to add something else to this. We found that the individuals that could log on through OWA was part of 'backup operators' group. as a work around, we've added domain users to the backup operators group and OWA login is working. Obviously this isn't the fix, only a work around. I sincerely hope somebody has an answer to 'really' fix this.

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 4
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 2.Feb.2001 3:57:00 PM   
BruteForce

I'd reinstall OWA and see if that clears it up. Oh, and delete the IUSER_MAIL account you added before you reinstall.

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 21.Feb.2001 10:39:00 PM   
I was having the same problem as the original poster. I had re-installed OWA, and now I have to put everyone in the Backup Operators group to get it to work. Did anyone come up with a solution for this? I really don't want (or need if you know what I mean) 55 Backup Operators!

(in reply to jrussell)
  Post #: 6
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 21.Feb.2001 10:48:00 PM   
3nvy

Hmmmm....very strange, Have you contacted ms about this?

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 7
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 21.Feb.2001 11:17:00 PM   
kjholt

I had a similiar issue after doing the service pack 4 upgrade. Everything worked fine until then. I did make a change to the web server and told it to use NT Challenge/Response and everybody started being able to get in again.

This change was on the USA folder and not the Exchange Folder.

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 8
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 21.Feb.2001 11:34:00 PM   
stradman1

I am currently battling this same problem with one of my clients. They had changed the admin password and things have been screwy ever since. I have had this same situation several times and the solution that worked for me was a total re-installation of the OWA server. If you have a dedicated OWA box this would be your best choice. Otherwise if everythings combined you may want to find an unused clone and make a dedicated OWA server out of it.

quote:
Originally posted by jrussell:
OWA has always run with no problems, until today. 99% of the people can not log in through the OWA interface, it keeps requesting the username and password. Yet there are a 'couple' of people that it still works with. We are stumped. Any help would greatly be appreciate.

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 9
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 22.Feb.2001 1:31:00 AM   
gdh

Just off the top of my head something to check may be in User Manager focused on your Exchange server. Look under Policies, User Rights and see what is listed for the "Access this computer from the network" right. I'm guessing that "Everyone" needs to be in there or at least the ISUR, IWAM, Domain Users and the Domain and Exchange Admins.

(in reply to jrussell)
Post #: 10
RE: OWA User Login Problem - 23.Feb.2001 4:22:00 AM   
I seem to have found the fix for our problem. Every one of our users is in the Domain Users group. Adding the Domain Users group to the "logon locally" right in user manager seems to have fixed the problem.

(in reply to jrussell)
  Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> OWA User Login Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter