• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA and Global Catalogue Server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA and Global Catalogue Server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA and Global Catalogue Server - 29.Oct.2012 10:29:00 AM   
jamesoxton

Hi,

Is it possible to change the server that an OWA server talks to for its Global Catalogue services? We were in the process of mirgrating from 2000 DC to 2003 DC so moved the Global Catalogue Database to the new 2003 DC when doing this OWA stopped authenticating it's users. It turns out that our OWA which is in the DMZ has a firewall rule in place to allow it to talk directly to the old Global Catalogue server so now we have put the rule in the firewall to allow it to talk to the new global catalogue server how can I tell OWA to use the new server and not continue to use the old one?

Any help most welcome :)
Post #: 1
RE: OWA and Global Catalogue Server - 29.Oct.2012 12:36:27 PM   
de.blackman

quote:

It turns out that our OWA which is in the DMZ has a firewall rule in place

I am assuming you are talking about a client access server in the DMZ? If such is the case, then you will have to consider reconfiguring your exchange 2010 design because your current configuration is not supported unfortunately.

Don't put CAS in the Perimeter network!
http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2009/10/21/3408587.aspx

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to jamesoxton)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA and Global Catalogue Server - 29.Oct.2012 1:11:17 PM   
jamesoxton

this is the first in a long line of upgrades we will be doing.

Currently the OWA server which is on a 2003 box on out DMZ is talking to a 2000 domain controller on the main network through firewall rules. Now the 2000 domain box is going down soon so the OWA server which is sat in the DMZ has no way of talking to the Domain controllers to get a new catalog server so what I need to do is tell the OWA server in the DMZ to get the catalog information from the new domain controller.

So is this possible without re-attaching the OWA server back to the main network?

Thanks

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA and Global Catalogue Server - 29.Oct.2012 1:25:35 PM   
de.blackman

Sorry but there may be something missing...your Exchange is running Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2010? This posting has been placed in the 2010 forum and no reference to the version of exchange has been mentioned. Can you please clarify how many Exchange servers you have and what versions they are running so we are all on the same page and so we may help you get a resolution faster?

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to jamesoxton)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA and Global Catalogue Server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter