• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA asks repeatedly for password

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA asks repeatedly for password Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA asks repeatedly for password - 10.Apr.2005 8:25:00 AM   
TimmyGT

I have a problem with OWA, it keeps asking repeatedly for a user name and password. I just logged on to check and it asks me about 5 different times to authenicate. I am running Exchange 2000 and ISA. Anybody have any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 13.Apr.2005 1:41:00 AM   
de.blackman

Make sure you are logging on with the format of domainname\username and the password.

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 14.Apr.2005 8:21:00 PM   
TimmyGT

That's how I am doing.

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 14.Apr.2005 8:36:00 PM   
We are currently experiancing the same issue. I am trying to research as well. If I find anything I will make sure to post.

(in reply to TimmyGT)
  Post #: 4
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 14.Apr.2005 8:45:00 PM   
TimmyGT

Thanks, I am will doing the same.

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 5
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 14.Apr.2005 9:09:00 PM   
I know it is the local machine now. We have two differnt images and only one of the images is doing it. We another user log into a known good machine that wasn't having the password issue. She did not get the constant password requests.

(in reply to TimmyGT)
  Post #: 6
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 28.Apr.2005 6:19:00 PM   
You could try adding the site as a trusted site and if accessing via a wan / router add the domain as an exception in IE

(in reply to TimmyGT)
  Post #: 7
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 29.Apr.2005 10:22:00 PM   
klosum

I am having a similar issue, but when I cancel after the inital login attempt it opens. It still prompts me however, if I try opening any folders (ie. inbox, personal folders etc.). I noticed that this is not an issue at all when I use the FireFox browser. I am also not sure if everyone is experiencing this same problem.

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 8
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 4.May2005 7:37:00 PM   
jimponder

I am also having this problem. I have tried many things to no avail. I am running E2k3 on a W2k3 box with IIS 6.0. Why don't they step you through the setup of OWA and its requirements when you install it? It should contain a list of requirements on the client and server sides.
(Does this list already exist?)

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 9
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 9.May2005 7:07:00 PM   
Mikelpg

Hi all,
I've been having this problem for months. I've posted to all kinds of forums and tried all kinds of things to no avail. Anyway, I tried something the other day. I used Firefox to check OWA and it worked. Also, it works from IE if a domain admin signs into OWA not only for the admin, but for regular users for about 5 minutes.

I replicated the problem with a test site on the same server. It seems this is a problem not with Exchange, but IIS and a problem authenicating with IE. Maybe this is clue that helps us all.

Mike

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 10
RE: OWA asks repeatedly for password - 10.May2005 2:13:00 PM   
garyemass

I was having a similar problem, it asked for the password, I enter it, then I see the emails come in, but it asked for the password again, and once I entered it I was ok.

I changed permissions from the info I got from the site below and that fixed it.

Course now i cannot use Firefox with OWA, but that is another problem.

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid43_gci1025691,00.html

(in reply to TimmyGT)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA asks repeatedly for password Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter