• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA caching Logon Usernames

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA caching Logon Usernames Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA caching Logon Usernames - 19.Feb.2011 9:06:30 PM   
jshupe

I have a client in a retail store running windows xp 2002 pro and multiple people use the PC with only 1 logon for the computer itself. They use OWA with thier own login credentials. When one logs out and the other goes to log in the other people can see the logon user names of the other co-workers. The passwords are not stored, the remember password box is unchecked. The client does not want to see the usernames cached like that because some people no longer work at the store. Is there anyway I can clear this list of usernames when you click on the drop down box? I tried clearing the local computer's IE browsing history / temp files / form data / passwords through IE options. I have tried the "stored usernames and passwords" and it does not even have the credentials we are looking for through the control panel under user accounts. WHERE CAN I DELETE THESE USERNAMES? Is it stored in the registry somewhere? Please Help.
Post #: 1
RE: OWA caching Logon Usernames - 20.Feb.2011 11:17:09 AM   
jshupe

I appreciate your feed back. Selecting the username and hitting delete does not work. I have deleted cookies and form data and tried turning auto complete off and restarting the browser. I have tried looking under manage stored username and passwords from within user accounts in the control panel. All no bueno. The site my client is accessing is OWA through a VPN tunnell (acts like intranet). When the browser queries the site the login information and password box does not look like your standard IE window asking for a password. I am thinking this may be stored in a user's profile somewhere on the front end or back end servers. Either that or stored somewhere within the machine's registry.
Post #: 2
RE: OWA caching Logon Usernames - 21.Feb.2011 9:33:31 AM   
leederbyshire

Do you have Forms-Based authentication enabled? I.e. do you see the blue logon page, or the IE grey popup box?

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to jshupe)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA caching Logon Usernames Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter