• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA has runtime error from external clients

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA has runtime error from external clients Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA has runtime error from external clients - 20.May2002 1:47:00 AM   
Hi
I have Not used Outlook 2000 or ISA so I am currently on a steep learning curve.
The Problem I have is this. I have setup 1 Exchange Server 2000 and 1 ISA Server. OWA works fine from inside the organisation by simply going to http://exchnageservername/exchange. I have setup ISA exactly as the MS site explains and when I try to access the OWA from the Web I get to the authentication prompt and then it seems to try to access OWA but many graphics dont appear, or appear incorrectly, and when I click on any links I get (A Runtime Error has occured Do you wish to debug Line: 82 Error: Object Expected).
  Post #: 1
RE: OWA has runtime error from external clients - 28.May2002 8:50:00 AM   
Just writing back to say I have got this drama sorted. Although nobody replied I felt someone else may have had simalar probs.
What I did to get it going was to recreate my Exchange directory in IIS and name it OWA, then create a virtual server called mail.domainname.com
and redirested this to OWA. Then I created a destination set in ISA and a web publishing rule pointing it (mail.domainname.com) to the exchange server. The I redirected any external records coming to my isa server to my mail server and bingo all dramas are now sorted.
I still don't know why my original config didn't work as it was setup exactly as the MS site sugested. It also seems to be logical that it should have worked.
It was only through trying things that I got this going so persistence doe's sometimes pay.
I hope this helps anybody that finds themselves in the same position
Regards Glen

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA has runtime error from external clients Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter