• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

OWA mailbox URL access problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA mailbox URL access problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OWA mailbox URL access problem - 29.Mar.2010 2:28:01 AM   
abc123tttaaa

I have a exchange server 2000 and using OWA , but there is a security problem.
User who is logged in once, he/she have right to access other user's mailbox without login box prompt.
for example there are two users userA and userB, both are domain\Users.
When UserA firstly access OWA web site http://mail.abc.com/exchange,It prompts login box, UserA can access his/her OWA page after he/she logged in, but he/she also can access other's mailbox by using http://mail.abc.com/exchange/UserB ..UserC ..etc.
This is a security problem I am facing.Is there any solution or setting I wrongly set?

thanks for your help
Post #: 1
RE: OWA mailbox URL access problem - 29.Mar.2010 8:40:58 AM   
leederbyshire

If you are trying this with your own login, then there is no surprise here, because an administrator will normally be able to open any mailbox like that. But if you are saying that all your users are able to to do this, then there is a problem. It is possible that if you look at your private information store in Exchange System Manager, you will find that a security group that contains all your users has been given full permission, or at least read permission, on the entire store. This means that any user can access any other mailbox using any client program, not just OWA.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to abc123tttaaa)
Post #: 2
RE: OWA mailbox URL access problem - 30.Mar.2010 11:10:12 PM   
abc123tttaaa

I finally find that in mailstore->security setting, I un-tick all right of authenticated user, then everything runs normally, log in box prompts and users need to log in again if he/she try to access other mailbox directly.Am I correct?
quote:

ORIGINAL: leederbyshire

If you are trying this with your own login, then there is no surprise here, because an administrator will normally be able to open any mailbox like that. But if you are saying that all your users are able to to do this, then there is a problem. It is possible that if you look at your private information store in Exchange System Manager, you will find that a security group that contains all your users has been given full permission, or at least read permission, on the entire store. This means that any user can access any other mailbox using any client program, not just OWA.

(in reply to leederbyshire)
Post #: 3
RE: OWA mailbox URL access problem - 31.Mar.2010 11:47:39 AM   
leederbyshire

Yes, that Authenticated User entry must have been added by someone after installation.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to abc123tttaaa)
Post #: 4
setting intramail on outlook express - 29.Jul.2010 11:56:11 PM   
tritools

I have create a new user in "active directory users and computers" on exchange server 2000. And then i create a new intramail account in outlook express (on client). after finish, the outlook express always request login user name and password, i have fill the right user name and password but it still request and i cannot access the intramail. please help me. thx

(in reply to leederbyshire)
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> OWA mailbox URL access problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter