• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Offline Address Book/GAL update issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Offline Address Book/GAL update issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 4.Nov.2010 12:33:09 PM   
vantage47

Hi

We recently migrated from MS Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, everything was ok and running smoothly until the public folders were corrupted and we had to start from scratch. The old Exchange server has been decommissioned and a restore of the public folder wouldnt work.

A colleague sorted the public folder issue and that side of things is working ok, however the system public folders were empty, so I created a new offline address book and linked it to the mailbox stores so it appeared to be ok, however we noticed that when we create a new mailbox it is not updating in the global address list.

Previously if we created an account, we would rebuild the offline address book and then download a new address book in Outlook. I can update the offline address book in the Exchange Management Console but when i try to update the Offline Address Book from the public folder tool i get the following error:

--------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Exchange Error
--------------------------------------------------------
Action 'Update Content' could not be performed on object '/o=<company>/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=OAB'.

/o=<company>/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=OAB
Failed
Error:
Cannot start content replication against public folder '\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\/o=<company>/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=OAB' on public folder database 'public folder'.

MapiExceptionNoReplicaAvailable: StartContentReplication failed. (hr=0x80004005, ec=1129)
Diagnostic context:
Lid: 1494 ---- Remote Context Beg ----
Lid: 18084 StoreEc: 0xFFFFF9BF
Lid: 33819 StoreEc: 0x469
Lid: 27225 StoreEc: 0x469
Lid: 1750 ---- Remote Context End ----
Lid: 26322 StoreEc: 0x469

How can i get the offline address book to update? Do I need to re-create the system folders or am i missing something else?

Thanks
Matt
Post #: 1
RE: Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 9.Nov.2010 11:26:40 AM   
travis.sheldon

When the public folder was created, was the previous name used?

Open up ADSI edit and connect to the Configuration schema. Expand Services, Microsoft Exchange, Org name, Address List Container, Offline Address lists.

Find your OAB, right click, select properties.

Does the attribute "siteFolderServer" refer to the previous public folder?

It sounds like there is either an invalid reference to the old PF or the new PF wasn't created properly.

(in reply to vantage47)
Post #: 2
RE: Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 9.Nov.2010 12:16:22 PM   
vantage47

Hi,

When the new public folder wa created, a new name was given, however I have checked the attribute, siteFolderServer and it matches the new name.

the old public folder was named "pfdb" the new one is called "public folder" would spaces make a difference

are there any other attributes to check?

thanks for your help

(in reply to travis.sheldon)
Post #: 3
RE: Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 9.Nov.2010 1:55:08 PM   
travis.sheldon

I think it would be cleaner/safer to delete the OAB and recreate it.

First, create a new OAB and assign it as default. Then change your public folder to use the new OAB instead of the previous OAB

new-offlineaddressbook -name "OAB" -AddressLists "Default Global Address List" -IsDefault:$true -WebDistributionEnabled:$true

(in reply to vantage47)
Post #: 4
RE: Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 10.Nov.2010 7:06:44 AM   
vantage47

Ok, I tried running your command but i get the following error:

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '-WebDistributionEnabled:'.
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-OfflineAddressBook], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,New-OfflineAddressBook

When i created the first OAB, I did assign it as default but i didnt run a command to change the new public folder to use it instead of the old one, what is the command to do this?

many thanks

Post #: 5
RE: Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 12.Nov.2010 10:57:21 AM   
travis.sheldon

To set the OAB as a public folder distributed item you just run

set-offlineaddressbook -identity "OABNAME" -PublicFolderDistributionEnabled:$true -PublicFolderDatabase "PFDATABASENAME"

(in reply to vantage47)
Post #: 6
RE: Offline Address Book/GAL update issue - 15.Nov.2010 7:04:59 AM   
vantage47

I have just tried the command and get the following message:

A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '-publicfolderdirstributionenabled:'.
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-OfflineAddressBook], ParameterBindingException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Set-OfflineAddressBook

any ideas?

thanks

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Management >> Offline Address Book/GAL update issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter