• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

One Org. Double migration help.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> One Org. Double migration help. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One Org. Double migration help. - 28.Feb.2011 8:00:42 AM   
Noa2008

Hello,

Because of an upgrade to 2008 server I have to migrate my Exchange 2003 platform so we can upgrade the Domain/Forrest to 2008. Exchange server will remain Exchnage 2003.
Exchange 2003 is installed on Domain Controllers so these need to be moved to member servers so we can demote these 2003 Server DCs and make the Windows Server 2008 upgrade happen.

Current setup:

Root Domain A.COM

Child Domain A.A.COM
The first exchange 2003 server is installed here and mailboxes are hosted here for users in domain A.A.COM

Child Domain B.A.COM
This is a second exchange 2003 server and resides in the same Exchange Organization as the first exchange server. Mailboxes for users in B.A.COM are hosted here.

As business needs have changed I also want the server in B.A.COM to be in his own Exchange Organization. So we will separate the two servers completely.

I read the article on how to move the First exchange 2003 server to new hardware with a different name (name change is no issue) and seems pretty strait forward. The thing I am having problems with is the second exchange server in B.A.COM.

What do I need to do to successfully migrate this server to a new box with a different name and in his own new org? How should I handle free/busy folders etc. I know I need to use exmerge to transfer mailboxes but need more info on what to move from the old Org and what not to move.

Hope all is clear and someone can give me some pointers.
Post #: 1
RE: One Org. Double migration help. - 11.Apr.2011 3:56:22 AM   
Noa2008

Think 114 hits 0 replys sais it all then :)
Ill post my findings on this one later.

(in reply to Noa2008)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> One Org. Double migration help. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter