• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Out Of Office - once per user per day

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Out Of Office - once per user per day Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out Of Office - once per user per day - 14.Nov.2012 3:09:13 AM   
kolathaya.ns

Hi,

I have a requirement, I have exchange 2010 and we enabled OOF for some users they are on vacation. I want to configure such a way, any sender should get only one OOF msg per day even oif he send more than one mail to that user. Is any way we can do this.
Thanks
Pradeep
Post #: 1
RE: Out Of Office - once per user per day - 14.Nov.2012 4:15:14 AM   
zbnet

OOF maintains a table of sender addresses - when an email is received by the mailbox that has an OOF set on it, the table of sender addresses is checked. If the sender email address isn't in the table, then an OOF is generated back to the sender address, and the sender address is added to the table. If the sender address already exists in the table, then no OOF is generated. Thus if any further emails are sent from this email address during the period that the mailbox has OOF set, because the address is in the table, no further OOFs will be generated.

The table is cleared when the OOF is turned off.

That is the mechanism that Exchange uses to limit one OOF message ony to any sender address per OOF session. There is no mechanism to clear the table of cached sender addresses at midnight so that sender addresses are limited to one OOF response per 24-hours, it's one per OOF session.

(in reply to kolathaya.ns)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 24.Oct.2017 9:45:24 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to kolathaya.ns)
  Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Out Of Office - once per user per day Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter