• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unav

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unav Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot be di... - 6.Dec.2007 10:11:21 AM   
bkebbay

Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.
users using outlook 2003 can configure out of office without no problem.
We are using exchange 2007.
Using out of office via Webmail works fine.

I did this
Get-webservicesvirtualdirectory | fl identity,internalurl,externalurl

This is what i get below

[PS] C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.GORKANA\Desktop>Get-webservicesvirt
ualdirectory | fl identity,internalurl,externalurl

Identity    : GRKMS1\EWS (Default Web Site)
InternalUrl :
https://grkms1.gorkana.local/EWS/Exchange.asmx
ExternalUrl :

Please help i am from AS 400 background exchange is really not my speciality
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 6.Dec.2007 3:57:18 PM   
rishishah

Are you getting this issue from inside or outside your domain?

Is the grkms1.gorkana.local resolved correctly by your clients?

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to bkebbay)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 7.Dec.2007 6:13:41 AM   
bkebbay

Thanks for your reply.

We are using exchange 2007
Some users are using outlook 2003 and some of them 2007.
Users using outlook 2003 have to problem in using out of office.
Users using outlook 2007 are the ones getting the error message that the server is unavailable of which i am part of.
As i said i am from an AS 400 background. I know our exchange server is called grkms1. Everything works fine, webmail, sending and receiving except Out of Office for users using Outlook 2007. I don't think this is a client issue.
How can i tell if this is resolved correctly?

Out of office works fine with Webmail.

I have looked at the autodiscover which i think is affecting us.

I was trying to create a new autodiscover directories using the exchange cmd shells.
Do you think this is the issue if not can you help me with commands.

Many thanks

+44 79 407 44 100

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 6.Aug.2008 12:35:18 AM   
csvegas

I am getting the same issue...Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to bkebbay)
Post #: 4
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 6.Aug.2008 12:48:15 AM   
Elan Shudnow

On your CAS, you should replace the certificate with one that has names for OWA, Autodiscover, CASNetBiosName, CasNetBiosNAme.domain.com.

Once that is on your CAS, you should re-configure your InternalURLs and ExternalURLs for all your services.  You should verify that they are pointed to an FQDN that is resolved both internally and externally on your network.

Specifying the InternalURL updates the Service Connection Point (SCP) within Active Directory.  Outlook 2007 clients automatically locate this in AD and connect to the appropriate InternalURL.  For clients who are not domain joined or are on the internet (don't have direct connectivity to AD), you need to specify the -ExternalURL which clients get from the Autodiscover Service.

So you also need to make sure you specify the -AutodiscoverServiceInternalURI and make sure that it uses an FQDN that's specified in the certificate.  You can set this by doing something such as:
Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity CASServer -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalURI https://mail.domain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

The EWS service is the web service that allows access to the OOF.  So make sure you specify the correct URL for that service:
Set-WebServicesVirtualDirectory -Identity “CASServer\EWS (Default Web Site)” -InternalURL https://mail.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx -ExternalURL https://mail.domain.com -BasicAuthentication:$true

The E

Elan Shudnow
Exchange MVP
http://www.shudnow.net

(in reply to csvegas)
Post #: 5
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 6.Aug.2008 1:17:23 AM   
Jugal

Hi,

Thanks The E, for such a valuable post. In addition to this, i want to add more steps.

This is a known issue, but it happens only in few circumstances.
This is the issue if Autodiscover is not working properly, which obviously support only Outlook 2007. Due to this your users are not able to set OOOA.

Just share few more details that is it happening from internal and through Outlook Anywhere also.

Anyway follow the following article to register some records with your ISP and request the update from Microsoft.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940881

Follow the article carefully.

Regards,
Jugal; MS Exchange Architect & Designer

If an advice works, report this to the fourm.

Want a quicker answer - than describe your issue in as much detail as possible and exactly what steps you have already taken.

(in reply to Elan Shudnow)
Post #: 6
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 10.Aug.2008 1:17:05 AM   
rgaudet

I'm having the same issue with this affecting only non-domain joined users, using Outlook 2007. In the knowledge base article it talks about a software fix and also creating a srv record in DNS. My question is that it makes a statement of:
"In your external DNS zone, remove any HOST (A) or CNAME records for the Autodiscover service."
Does this mean if I have a host record of autodiscover (which I do), that I need to delete it? Also, does this record need to be implemented in conjunction with the software fix or are they independant of each other?

(in reply to Jugal)
Post #: 7
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 11.Aug.2008 9:30:08 AM   
Jugal

The record will work only after you install the Hotfix on the outlook 2007 clients with SRV register with the ISP.

Regards,
Jugal; MS Exchange Architect & Designer

If an advice works, report this to the fourm.

Want a quicker answer - than describe your issue in as much detail as possible and exactly what steps you have already taken.

(in reply to rgaudet)
Post #: 8
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 12.Aug.2008 4:00:15 PM   
Mediaogre

I too am experiencing the same issue. I'd like to point out that this issue and its specific symptoms (which from what I've read, have yet to be fully disclosed) have popped up recently. The rollup package referenced in KB 940881 is from August '07 and, if I understand Outlook Anywhere connectivity, only pertains to clients on the LAN as external clients don't give a rip about SRV or SCP records; they'll use the Outlook 2007 coded and appended (yourdomain.com and autodiscover.yourdomain.com respectively) DNS information and then your properly registered public A record will do the rest.

bkebbay, please confirm that external clients (Outlook Anywhere) are experiencing the issue. Identifying this detail will help steer us all in the right direction.

-Greg

(in reply to Jugal)
Post #: 9
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 19.Feb.2015 1:06:43 AM   
ronniepaul

Hi..

While searching on the Google, i found the link that may be helpful for you

http://www.blog.****.org/resolve-error-your-out-of-office-settings-cannot-be-displayed.html

Further queries are welcome

Thanks
Ronnie Paul

(in reply to bkebbay)
Post #: 10
RE: Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot b... - 29.Nov.2015 9:08:38 AM   
markmanson

The OOF Error occurs due to the wrong configuration of OOF URL. Follow the instructions given in this article to resolve the issue:

http://www.what-is.in/howto/fix-your-out-of-office-settings-cannot-be-displayed.html

(in reply to ronniepaul)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> Outlook 2007: 'Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unav Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter