• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook 2010 Login Box Not Showing Completely

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Outlook 2010 Login Box Not Showing Completely Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook 2010 Login Box Not Showing Completely - 20.Apr.2012 10:42:19 AM   
tmark1986

I have Exchange 2010 set up for the company that I work for and have over 500 users connected. One batch of users, all at the same offsite location using Outlook 2010 are having a very weird issue. They have had Outlook set up for several months but in the last couple of days they are getting the Windows Security box popups. Outlook connects to Exchange and shows connected, all folders up to date in the bottom left. Then after about a minute the Windows Security box comes up and says Connecting to username@domain.com but it does not display the username and password box to sign in. If they click cancel on the box, the Connected to Exchange changes to Need Password but if you click the Need Password it signs in without asking for credentials again.

Here is a screen shot of what I mean. (This is me resetting up one account.) Connecting To Prompt

This is happening on all the computers at this location. I have tried readding the accounts, removing the stored windows credentials and creating new Outlook profiles. I'm not sure if this was caused by a Windows update, or something else. It appears that it is the login box trying to show but the username and password fields are never displayed. I know that the exchange server is set up correctly because I have many other users working correctly.

Thanks in advance for any advice and any help would is greatly appreciated.

-Tmark86
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook 2010 Login Box Not Showing Completely - 22.Apr.2012 3:29:15 AM   
Helen777

Hi! you may find information about issue here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/thread/880fc93e-6c82-48a3-b448-85b06918a34f , also you may try to delete and re add credentials to vault. http://plexhosted.com/billing/knowledgebase/223/Microsoft-Outlook-2010-does-not-save-your-password-Exchange-2010.html

PlexHosted LLC

(in reply to tmark1986)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook 2010 Login Box Not Showing Completely - 15.Sep.2012 10:39:18 PM   
Scott_ip1

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd post this in case anyone else came across it when searching for the same problem.

I found this post:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvrclients/thread/cd804b7f-07d9-4296-9f6f-64a3c6881599?prof=required

That lead me to uninstall KB2553248 (multiple entries!!) found on the client computers and the problem went away.

(in reply to Helen777)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Outlook 2010 Login Box Not Showing Completely Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter