• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Anywhere Login

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Outlook Anywhere Login Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Anywhere Login - 7.Jan.2011 9:40:47 AM   
greddenou812

Hi everyone,
Our company has recently migratd from Exchange 2007 to 2010.
when users login to Outlook Anywhere they are prompted for credentials which is fine. They must provide domain\username and password. Is there a setting that can be modified to eliminate the domain from the username and just login with username and password The authentication is set to basic for Outlook Anywhere and we are using an ISA Server.

Thanks,
Gary
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Anywhere Login - 7.Jan.2011 9:57:19 AM   
de.blackman

Nope sorry! Domain\Username is required for Windows pop-up dialog boxes. You can modify this only for OWA.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to greddenou812)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook Anywhere Login - 7.Jan.2011 10:11:53 AM   
greddenou812

Thanks for the reply. If we were to use NTLM Authentication would that omit the domain portion? or this this based on Outlook anywhere in General?

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook Anywhere Login - 7.Jan.2011 1:04:52 PM   
travis.sheldon

Anytime you use basic encryption, you will always have to authenticate as the remote source is always considered untrusted.

If you switch Outlook anywhere to use NTLM then you can cache the credentials..during authentication, the OS will pass off whatever credentials are in the credential manager.

You can also use the user principal name for authentication instead of doing DOMAIN\username, you can do username@domain.com

Post #: 4
RE: Outlook Anywhere Login - 7.Jan.2011 3:41:01 PM   
greddenou812

If I were to add the domain name to the "default domain" setting under the Basic Authentication,RPC,Virtual Directory. Would this auto populate the authentication for the users when they sign into Outlook Anywhere? or is there a way to autopopulate the domain name for the users when they sign in.

Post #: 5
RE: Outlook Anywhere Login - 10.Jan.2011 9:20:30 AM   
de.blackman

I think you are not really reading what we have mentioned or you are still trying to find a "workaround" to this! You can try all these different things to try and get it ti work the way you want it but at the end of the day I have seen people try what you mentioned, it may work for a few days and then goes back to normal where you have to enter the "domain name\user name"! This is the way it has been designed to work so why try to change something that is not broken?!

Good Luck!

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

Post #: 6
RE: Outlook Anywhere Login - 12.Jan.2011 12:11:35 PM   
greddenou812

From my perspective I was ok with user just entering domain\username however there were some managers that wanted it changed as it was causing confusion for some users when logging in. I was thinking if there was an easy adjustment that could be made to accomodate them then i would entertain it but it looks like that setting is by design and should be left alone. I'll just pass on the information and tell them the'll just have to educate the users.
Thanks for the Help.

(in reply to de.blackman)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Outlook Anywhere Login Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter