• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook Stripping Attachments But OWA Sees IT

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Outlook Stripping Attachments But OWA Sees IT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook Stripping Attachments But OWA Sees IT - 4.Jun.2009 9:32:56 PM   
mwp876

Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 with SP1 and the latest hotfixes installed.  I am running Outlook 2003/Outlook 2007 and OWA.  I have an issue where one particular domain emails me an attachment.  If I view the attachment in Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007, the attachment is not viewable, it just has <attachment name.pdf> in the email text.  However if I open it in Outlook Web Access I can view and see the attachment.  Additionally if I forward the attachment from Outlook 2003/2007 to an external email address, yahoo.com, hotmail.com or gmail.com, I can see the attachment when it gets to those domains.  I'm not doing any attachment stripping, otherwise it would be pulled off in OWA and we wouldn't get it in gmail, yahoo, hotmail.  We tried changing the organization setting and forcing Rich Text to be disabled but that had no real effect.   We have several other clients who have Exchange 2007 and they receive the attachment with no problems. 

If this is more an Outlook display problem then I may not be in the right forum site but I figured it is transporting through and we may have some settings that could affect this.  Has anybody seen this behavior? 

Closest thing I have found is this:
http://knicksmith.blogspot.com/2007/03/exchange-2007-and-outlook-2003-where.html
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook Stripping Attachments But OWA Sees IT - 5.Jun.2009 12:56:35 PM   
mwp876

We found the problem.  This related to inline attachments.  With Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup fix 5 it is fixed, however you may need to edit the edgetransport.exe.config file to add Inline Attachments.  The following code added to the file:  <add key="TreatInlineDispositionAsAttachment" value="true" />

Please see this technote from Microsoft:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954684/EN-US

"You cannot use an Outlook 2007 client to display or download an attachment when you access a message that includes an inline attachment from Exchange Server 2007"

(in reply to mwp876)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Outlook Stripping Attachments But OWA Sees IT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter