• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook anywhere and certificate

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Outlook anywhere and certificate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook anywhere and certificate - 11.Apr.2013 8:49:46 PM   
ericwi

Hi all,

Recently, I renewed my exchange certificate due to the fact it was expiring. All was good but for users who were using outlook anywhere or RPC over HTTP, it always prompt the security alert of untrusted site every different network they connect to, even after they have installed the new certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks for all suggestions and solutions.

Eric
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook anywhere and certificate - 12.Apr.2013 3:24:39 AM   
mohammed.yusuf

have you removed the old certificates from clients pc and reimport it.

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook anywhere and certificate - 12.Apr.2013 4:21:10 AM   
ericwi

Thanks for replying,

Pardon for not providing more information. The user is using win7 home 64-bit. Could this be the cause?

(in reply to mohammed.yusuf)
Post #: 3
RE: Outlook anywhere and certificate - 12.Apr.2013 4:45:56 AM   
mohammed.yusuf

if you are getting a certificate error then we can isolate and troubleshoot it by going to certificates and remove the old relevant certificates from computer and import the new certificate but if you have got a certificate from a 3rd Party trusted authority then you might not even need to import it. It does not matter OS version in this case.

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 4
RE: Outlook anywhere and certificate - 12.Apr.2013 9:32:10 AM   
John Weber

Did the name on the certificate change? If so, you may have to reset the outlook expr. get-outlookprovider will show you what the expr is set to; if the certprincipalname is different from what you have on the server, the client will have issues.

John Weber [Lync MVP] http://tsoorad.blogspot.com

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 5
RE: Outlook anywhere and certificate - 14.Apr.2013 11:35:30 PM   
ericwi

Thanks for all the reply. Please keep suggestions coming.

So far, we have not purchased any third party certificate. We use self-signed certificate since we started using Exchange 07 and it worked perfectly ie remote users are able to connect without any hiccups. The problem started when we renewed the certificate since it was expiring.

One queer problem I have with this user using Win7 home edition 64-bit is when the user is at home, he would have to install the certificate into the trusted store whenever he started using outlook at the first time, subsequently, the outlook will not prompt for certificate installation even he shutdowns his notebook and start the system again.

Once, he is out of his home and connect himself onto another network, say office, the system will prompt for certificate installation when he fired up his outlook first thing when he starts his notebook. Again, it will not prompt the user to install again until he is on different network.

It seems there is a relation between where you access outlook and the network you are using.

Any thoughts?

(in reply to John Weber)
Post #: 6
RE: Outlook anywhere and certificate - 6.Oct.2014 11:20:14 AM   
Haider01

ActiveSync can be implemented to sync to the local mailbox instead of the Exchange server. So Exchange syncs to the mailbox

www.vceexams.net/vce-designer.html
http://www.stanford.edu/

(in reply to ericwi)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Mobility >> Outlook anywhere and certificate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter