• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Outlook must be online or connected to complete this ac... - 26.Jan.2011 8:30:35 AM   
biniman

Hi All,

1. I have just performed a clean installation of Windows server 2008 and upgraded it to SP2.

2. Then I installed Exchange server 2010 evaluation edition, installed the hotfixes and upgraded the exchange server to SP1.

3. I installed the mailbox role, the client access role and the hub transport role. I have only two mailboxes configured at the moment.

4. I have Microsoft Office 2007 running in the exchange server and some other clients in the domain.

5. Some clients are running on Office 2003.

I have two problems with the Exchange server. Firstly, I am not able to use Powershell.For, example, a command such as Set-RpcClientAccess –Server exchangesvr01 –EncryptionRequired $False would return an error message such as "The term Set-RPCClientAccess is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,function, script file or operable program ... "

Secondly, when I try to configure an e-mail address in outlook 2007, I get all kinds of error messages like
"The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action".

"The name could not be resolved. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action".

"Outlook could not log on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name".

"The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action".

"The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed"

I have followed the recommendation in support.microsoft.com in setting the Encrypt data between Microsoft Office
Outlook and Microsoft Exchange. This has not solved the problems.

Does anybody know what needs to be corrected in my installation? Your contributions will be appreciated.

A Small World!
Post #: 1
RE: Outlook must be online or connected to complete thi... - 26.Jan.2011 8:52:47 PM   
caomhieu

Biniman,

I would suggest you to try the following:

a. Disable encryption on the mailbox server (Set-MailboxServer -id server_name -MAPIEncryptionRequired $False) and also in the Outlook client? Make sure the CAS encryption is also disabled. Check it: Get-RpcClientAccess or Get-RpcClientAccess | fl

b. Try right-click on the Windows PowerShell and select "import system modules" before running any cmdlets.

-Hieu

(in reply to biniman)
Post #: 2
RE: Outlook must be online or connected to complete thi... - 29.Jan.2011 5:02:07 AM   
biniman

Thanks. I did not have the "Import System modules" option in my powershell. I have all along been trying to use the local powershell, thinking that powershell was powershell. I eventually realized this was not the case. So then I decided to use Exchange powershell. I thought it would work like the CMD - you click on it and it initializes in split seconds. When opened the EMc and I could not type in it, I concluded that it was not working either. At one point, I left the Powershell open while I tried other things. It initialized after two minutes and boy, was I glad! The server is so slow I could fall asleep waiting for a snap-in to load. Anyway, I have disabled "EncryptionRequired" and I seem to be able to do basic things with the server - send and receive internal mails. That's about how far I have gone. Again, thanks for your contribution.

< Message edited by biniman -- 29.Jan.2011 5:34:07 AM >

(in reply to biniman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> General >> Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter