• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

POP3 asking for domain

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> POP3 asking for domain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
POP3 asking for domain - 13.Jul.2011 3:26:24 PM   
nplata

Hi,

Recently I installed a new backend server in an echange 2003 structure. We got a frontend and 2 backends; the second backend crashed time ago due to hardware failure. This new back end will serve to migrate users mailboxes from the backend that remians in functions.

I got a weird problem, If I create a new user, with mailbox in the new backend everything is ok. If I create a new user with the mialbox in the old backend and then move the mailbox to the new backend everything is ok.... but... if I move an old, long time existing mailbox ( with information from a user) to the new backend, the pop3 configuration in the Outlook rejects the acces due to "unkwnown username or bad password". The OWA access is ok.

Cheking the error messages I found the pop3 is asking for "domain". If you type domain/username in the pop3 config of the Outllok it works fine.

Why this new backend is asking for domain?? If I move the mailbox again to the old backend server there is no need to use the domain in the username to login.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> POP3 asking for domain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter