• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

POP Mail download

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> POP Mail download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
POP Mail download - 17.Jan.2008 1:16:11 AM   
xchangeuser10

I recently installed SBS 2003 R2 to be able to use Exchange to download the company mail from a local POP mail server and everything works fine, except for I can't find a way to keep copy of the downloaded mail in the POP mail server. We are using Sendmail in a Linux box for the POP mail server. The reason for keeping a copy of the downloaded mail in the POP server is because, some users refuse to use their email client to interact with Exchange. Can someone direct me in  the right path to get this project done. Thank you.
Xchangeuser10
Post #: 1
RE: POP Mail download - 17.Jan.2008 10:32:10 AM   
dehcbad25

I am not sure I totally understood what you are trying to do. If you use Sendmail, why do you want to use Exchange as well? unless you are trying to migrate to Exchange, or you want to use OWA from Exchange.
Also, how did you connect Exchanhge to download the email from the sendmail server.
When I use POP I always keep a copy of the email in the server, but that is a setting from the client side (be it Outlook, OE, Thunderbird)

(in reply to xchangeuser10)
Post #: 2
RE: POP Mail download - 17.Jan.2008 12:42:45 PM   
xchangeuser10

Thank you for your prompt response. You are right, we want to use Exchange for OWA and the calendar nice features of Exchange. Also one of the apps. our Sales Dpt. use work well with Exchange and not Sendmail.  we want to use Exchange but, we are not ready to get rid of Sendmail. My problem is that when Exchange downloads mail from Sendmail, all the Sendmail get erased from the server. Is there any way to download the mail from Exchange SBS 2003 R2 and leave a copy of that mail in the Sendmail server?
I understand the email client (Outlook, Eudora, etc) allows to leave a copy of the mail on the server but the problem is that all that mail is not longer available in the Sendmail server. Any help from anyone of you will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

(in reply to dehcbad25)
Post #: 3
RE: POP Mail download - 18.Jan.2008 9:06:48 AM   
dehcbad25

Unfortunately I have not use Exchange 2003 SBS, only Standard and Enterprise. However I would think that probably there is the option not to delete. It might just be a little buried under lots of other settings like the IMF (which is in the SMTP connector). Otherwise your other solution might be to change the pop3 connector to a 3rd party. There are plenty of connectors for Exchange

Learning is a process that never ends.

(in reply to xchangeuser10)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> POP Mail download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter