• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders - 10.Dec.2008 3:55:24 AM   
grumblenoise

Hi Guys,

I migrated my Exchange server to a new piece hardware a few weeks ago.  The migration itself went fine, without any problems.  However, post migration I am now unable to send any messages From Public Folders.  Send As permissions are all correct (they remained what they were prior to migration) so I'm a little unsure as to why I am unable to send.  I have checked the Public Folders, View System Folders and I canít see any problems here.  Also, there are no errors in my Event logs.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Cheers,

G
Post #: 1
RE: Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders - 10.Dec.2008 4:09:15 AM   
grumblenoise

Hi Neko,

Thanks fot the quick reply mate.  No, sending to them is quite ok.  It's sending from which is the problem.  I.E, I have a Postmaster public folder for all the crap we get sent to our domain.  I sometimes forward stuff on from Postmaster so I've alwaysed use the From box in Outlook.  It's this that no longer works:-

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:    TEST
     Sent: 10/12/2008 08:44

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Smith, Gary on 10/12/2008 08:44
           You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
           MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=nordben/DC=uk:ukex01

I have full Send As permission for this Public Folder.

Cheers.
Post #: 2
RE: Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders - 10.Dec.2008 4:17:21 AM   
grumblenoise

Hi Neko,

Thanks for the link.  Yes, that was one of the first things I checked.  All permissions are correct.
Post #: 3
RE: Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders - 10.Dec.2008 5:01:58 AM   
grumblenoise

Hello,

This occurs when sending to an Internal or External email address.  Emailing the public folder directly from Internal or External works fine.

I have tried re-creating a new Public Folder, mail enabling it, setting permissions etc but still I am unable to send.

Emailing with the From, on a users mailbox is working fine.  It's certainly a Public Folders problem.  It's almost as if when I replicated all the folders in the migration something hasn't come across properly.

(in reply to grumblenoise)
Post #: 4
RE: Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders - 10.Dec.2008 6:47:35 AM   
grumblenoise

Hi Neko,

For the migration of the Public Folders.  I had a period of co-existence between the old and the new server.  I had replicated all of the system Public Folders and left for this for about a week to make sure replication was working OK. Once I was happy with it, I removed the replication partner from each folder and de-commissioned the old Exchange server.  Unfortunately this emailing from Public Folders is not something I tested (as I don't use it very often).

It sure is an odd problem :-/
Post #: 5

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Post Migration - Unable to send from Public Folders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter