• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Post migration mail "search" issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Post migration mail "search" issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Post migration mail "search" issue - 30.Nov.2009 2:29:56 PM   
vtjay79

Greetings,

I recently, 3 weeks ago, migrated from Desknow to Exchange.  All seemed to have gone well, and the headaches have actually been non-existant.

I do have one user today who complained she could not search accurately.  It was rather odd when I looked at it.  She went to search for "user name" and it claimed there was 1,832 items found in the inbox and subfolders.  However, in the pane it showed 1-50 of 100 results. 

I could not find anywhere that it would let me show "all".  I'm hoping its rather easy...

Thank you in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Post migration mail "search" issue - 30.Nov.2009 2:40:05 PM   
vtjay79

Well I found the following TechNet article that clearly states "only first 100 results are shown"

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997437.aspx

I find it odd that they would lock you into that...and surely there must be some type of edit that can be done to allow more.

But to my dismay, I could not find anything on the net.

Hoping someone has an asnwer!

(in reply to vtjay79)
Post #: 2
RE: Post migration mail "search" issue - 9.Dec.2009 10:54:16 AM   
loculi

Vt,

I think the most likely answer is that Microsoft would like you purchase and use their full-featured MAPI client, Outlook. ;)  That being said there is a small glimmer of hope, Exchange 2010's web access client will have a much more robust search capability, comparable to Outlook.  I'm hoping that also means more than 100 search results total.

(in reply to vtjay79)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Outlook Web Access >> Post migration mail "search" issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter