• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem viewing free/busy information when booking a meeting

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Problem viewing free/busy information when booking a meeting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem viewing free/busy information when booking a me... - 10.Nov.2006 2:48:30 PM   
RangerX

Hello Everyone-

I have recently added a Exchange 2003 server to my site, along with an pre-existing 5.5 server.  I have been moving users to the new server and noticed a hang up that I need your help with.  Currently, I am running in mixed mode, we have a multi-site Exchange organization.

The users (including myself) who are now on the Exchange 2003 server, cannot view free/busy information when booking a meeting, for users on *other* sites.  However we can view free/busy information if we open up the individual/s calendars.

I have contacted the two other admins on the remote sites, and they can see our free/busy when booking a meeting.  I'm really stuck with this now... I've totally exausted my Google ability to find an answer.  Can somebody please give me some direction on this problem, or ideas? 

So far, I have double checked replication partners on the +schedule free/busy folder, I have disabled Groupshield...thinking perhaps replication traffic was not getting through...  Could this be permissions related?  I'm somewhat new to Exchange 2003... still stuck in the 5.5 days atm.

Thanks for the help...

Nick 
Post #: 1
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 2:05:39 PM   
rex2002

Did you migrate your system folders to your new 2003 ?

Use Pfmigrate to do this (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822895)

In your Routing Group Connector did you (or the other site admin) select "Do Not Allow Public Folder Referrals" ?

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 2:34:28 PM   
jchong

Does each site have a replica of each others free busy? Also run through this article.

Exchange: Free/Busy Not Available After Mailbox Move
http://msexchangetips.blogspot.com/2006/08/exchange-freebusy-not-available-after.html

James Chong
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 2:37:18 PM   
RangerX

Rex,

Thanks for the reply.  I have not migrated the public folders to the 2003 server yet.  There are some permissions issues we will run into, and we are waiting for native mode before we move...

Your second thought is interesting...  I did have 'disallow public folder referrals' on the connecter back to our 5.5 server.  I noticed each site has the same setting, however other sites have more 5.5 servers, and we only have 1 which is also our bridgehead.  I have unchecked 'disallow public folder referrals' and I just tried again and still have the same problem...  I'm assuming I may have to wait for replication for this to work?  Or should this be instantanious?  

Thanks for the help....

(in reply to rex2002)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 2:43:59 PM   
RangerX

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchong

Does each site have a replica of each others free busy? Also run through this article.

Exchange: Free/Busy Not Available After Mailbox Move
http://msexchangetips.blogspot.com/2006/08/exchange-freebusy-not-available-after.html

Jchong,

Thanks for the help.  I have reviewed the link you gave me in the past...  It's not a problem with users being able to publish free/busy data, or viewing it even.  I can open other users calendars on other sites, but I cannot view the free/busy when booking a meeting. 

Our exchange 5.5 server is a replica partner from our main campus, and that is working properly.  (ie: our Exchange 5.5 users have no problems viewing free/busy from other sites)  So I'm going to say our 5.5 server is properly recieiving replicas...

I'm hoping Rex's recommendation about 'disallow public folder referrals' will fix this problem.  Logically, it makes sense... given my environment.

Thanks for the help...

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 2:47:16 PM   
jchong

Rex's suggestion is on point, disabling referrals is likely to cause something like that, try restarting your routing service to speed it up.

James Chong

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 3:04:04 PM   
RangerX

quote:

ORIGINAL: jchong

Rex's suggestion is on point, disabling referrals is likely to cause something like that, try restarting your routing service to speed it up.

Thanks Jchong...

I've restarted the routing engine service, but no luck as of yet.  Is there a way to force this change?  Or is waiting a smarter option?

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 4:22:48 PM   
jchong

I would prob wait for a few more hours, just to eliminate any replication delays or issues, unless you need this working asap.

James Chong

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 20.Nov.2006 4:25:27 PM   
RangerX

I don't need it working ASAP.  I have only moved a small group to the 2003 server, so this is not really affecting production.  It is however stopping me from moving the rest of the users over...    Trying to book a meeting with people on 3 different continents is a real pain when you can't see free/busy data... ;) 

I'll let you know if it works tomorrow...  Thanks for your help. 

(in reply to jchong)
Post #: 9
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 21.Nov.2006 8:10:06 AM   
RangerX

Tried again this morning, and still no good.  How long can this change possible take to be seen?

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 21.Nov.2006 10:11:23 AM   
rex2002

"I have contacted the two other admins on the remote sites, and they can see our free/busy when booking a meeting."

They can see all your users or only the 5.5 users ?

If they can see all your users check permision thet they have.

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 21.Nov.2006 10:24:22 AM   
RangerX

quote:

ORIGINAL: rex2002

"I have contacted the two other admins on the remote sites, and they can see our free/busy when booking a meeting."

They can see all your users or only the 5.5 users ?

If they can see all your users check permision thet they have.

They can see the 5.5 users and 2003 users.  When I was told that, I suspected permissions.  I'm a bit new to Exchange 2003, and I've looked at the permissions and I'm a bit lost.  There are so many inherited permissions and I'm not exactly sure where they are all coming from.  Can you point me in the right direction on what permissions could cause this?

Many thanks Rex.

(in reply to rex2002)
Post #: 12
RE: Problem viewing free/busy information when booking ... - 5.Dec.2006 4:13:31 AM   
DarrenBoltokn

Did you manage to get this resolved as we have just migrated over 3000 user to a new Exchange 2003 cluster running in mixed mode till we finally remove the last 5.5 server.

Is it that the Free/Busy Data needs replicating to a 2003 server so that your 2003 users can see the free/busy data. I havnt had chance to try this yet as other things have taken priority over this issue.

I found this article and although it only refers to OWA it may have some guidence

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813152/en-us

If I manage to sort my problem out I shall report back :)

(in reply to RangerX)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Problem viewing free/busy information when booking a meeting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter