• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with Exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Problem with Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with Exchange 2003 - 17.May2005 5:43:00 AM   
moonknight

I am having a problem with some user not being able to connect to the exchange server with outlook.

It works fine then all of a sudden some users can't connect and freeze but most still have no problems at all.

So far the only way I can fix this is by rebooting the server (I tried just restarting the Microsoft exchange services but that didn't fix the issue)

I canĘt find any problems in the eventvwr and the system monitor says itĘs available.

I am at a loss at what to do next so If any one has any suggestions about things I can check.

BTW I have also run the best practices analyser tool and found no critical errors.

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

[ May 17, 2005, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Chris Burns ]
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 17.May2005 4:58:00 AM   
Tom Decaluwé

hmm, i'm just having a thought here but have you had a look at your licensing for the Win2k server?

You domain/exchange or whatever might have a Per Server licensing setup for X users => after X users authenticate and have a connection with the server it blocks off any new users.

Are it always the same clients that are having this problem or is it random? If random i would definitely look at all the licensing setups.

This should however showup in the eventvwr.

Kind regards,

Tom Decaluwe

[ May 17, 2005, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Tom Decaluwe ]

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 17.May2005 8:19:00 PM   
sokell

I'm having a similar issue with all the new users i create, the other users before this started happening have no issues at all.

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 17.May2005 8:29:00 PM   
moonknight

Thanks for your reply Tom I checked the license but we defiantly have enough licences.

It seems to be certain computers at certain offices. At first I was under the impression that it was the client computers, but that theroy went out the window as rebooting the server fixes the problem.
[Confused]

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 17.May2005 9:39:00 PM   
moonknight

Dont know if this adds anything but I found that today when I restarted the microsfot system attend (which also restarts The MTA stacks and the information store) It fixed the problem but only for a short time.

One problem in the eventvwr I have seen is now is this: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203a' in its DS Monitoring thread.

when I click on the link for this error I get a message saying I should.

Start Exchange System Manager.
Right-click the Administrative Group and click Properties.
In the General tab, click Modify and change enter the password of the Exchange Service Account twice.
If you are seeing this on one node of a Clustered Exchange 2000 Server, then you can safely ignore the event.

But the problem is that in the properties there is no modify to click ?

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 18.May2005 10:55:00 PM   
moonknight

Update:
Same problem today so I rebooted.....

As server is loading up it blue screens with the
STOP 0x000000A5 error message
As in KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256841&sd=RMVP#kb2

So I flashed the bios to the latest version and it then booted fine

I wonder if that fixed the exchange/outlook problem also or if it was an unrelated error.

I guess Ill find out tommorrow.

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 19.May2005 10:07:00 AM   
EdwardLHall

This behavior will also occur if the server begins to run low on memory resources. Clients will begin to lock out randomly.

Are you running any other products on the server?

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 19.May2005 8:11:00 PM   
moonknight

I think I have located the problem...

One of the proceesors was starting to fail it seems, as when i had to reboot the server this morning during the processors init stage it reported that processor 1 was running at 000Mhz.
so I took it out move processor 2 to the one spot and it seems to be fine now. But I guess I have to wait until the end of the day to confirm that.

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 22.May2005 7:49:00 PM   
moonknight

Hmm Monday morning after removing the bad processor and that same problem again.

Im totally stumped [Frown]

Not running anything but windows 2003, exchange 2003 and AD connector and anti virus

I think im going to call microsoft I think

[ May 22, 2005, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Chris Burns ]

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 9
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 1.Jun.2005 6:37:00 AM   
I am having the same problem with one user in particular. Even If I attempt to create a new outlook profile on a new computer, he still gets the error. Restarting IIS on the Exchange 2003 server restarts all Exchange services and solves the problem...temporarily. Nothing in the event logs on the server or the client indicate any problems.

(in reply to moonknight)
  Post #: 10
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 6.Jun.2005 12:32:00 AM   
moonknight

I installed SP1 and it seemed to fix the problem but now a few weeks later the problem is back again.

Gilhooley is that one user on a remote site ?because the site where the exchange server is located isn't affected but all the remote site are.

Also if a user is in outlook when the problem starts they are not affect but if they close outlook they are unable to open it back up untill I restart the server.

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 6.Jun.2005 4:11:00 AM   
I'm Stuck

I'm having the exact same problem, our server works fine for parent domain but we have two child domains, they all lose connection at the same time, the only way I can fix the problem is to reboot the server, I have tried restating services and have read all the Microsoft documentation run perfmon but still cannot find the problem. I have spent weeks on this and the next stop is Microsoft unless anyone else has any ideas.

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 12
RE: Problem with Exchange 2003 - 7.Jun.2005 3:09:00 AM   
I'm Stuck

Problem sorted......It appears that there is a problem with TCPIP.SYS caused by a Microsoft update, it you run MS Best Practices Analyzer and look through all the issues you will see that there is warning about TCPIP.SYS being a wrong version

To resolves the problem read KB893066 (MS05-019) and contact Microsoft for the hotfix on there support number, you will not be charged and they will e-mail you the hotfix.

(in reply to moonknight)
Post #: 13

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Problem with Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter