• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problem with message forwarding.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Problem with message forwarding. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with message forwarding. - 8.Aug.2012 3:15:56 AM   
electriczax

My boss went for a vacation and she wanted her e-mails delivered to another colleague + her gmail (she doesn't want to use the OWA). So I created a Mail contact with her gmail address. After that I created a Distribution group and I added the colleague and the mail contact as members. Now the forwarding is working, but only when e-mails are sent from our own domain. If somebody else sends e-mail (i.e. from yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc.) he gets an error:

Forward-distribution-group@our-local-domain-name
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required

Any idea how can I fix this?
Post #: 1
Solved: Problem with message forwarding. - 8.Aug.2012 4:12:29 AM   
electriczax

So... it turned out that just as the user mailbox has "Require that all users are authenticated" checkbox (Mailbox -> Properties -> Mail Flow Settings -> Message Delivery Restrictions), the Distribution group has it as well and by default it is ON. So I turned it off and it works now.

(in reply to electriczax)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Message Routing >> Problem with message forwarding. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter