• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems after installing 2nd exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Problems after installing 2nd exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems after installing 2nd exchange server - 31.May2012 12:05:39 PM   
abacabb

We are running Exchange 2007 SP1 on both of our servers. Our primary mail server is here in the office. I installed a 2nd one at the co-location, which we're connected to via 100mbps VPN with no ports blocked. I installed the 2nd server with all defaults.

While testing mailboxes on the 2nd server, I noticed the following anomalies:

1. Mailboxes from our in-office stores cannot email mailboxes that are on the 2nd server. But the 2nd server's mailboxes can email our in-office stores just fine. I tried using the message tracking feature to see what happened to the emails, but it doesn't display them. It's as if the emails were never sent. I found the following forum post from someone having a similar issue on Exchange 2003, but I'm not sure if this would apply to me:

"Managed to solve the problem with help from people on the internet.

Problem was that I had a Smart Host on the SMTP Virtual Server of the 1st exchange server.

Had to remove the Smart Host from the SMTP Virtual Server. Then create an SMTP Connector in the Routing Groups. Set the 1st Exchsrvr as Local Bridgehead, and for Smart Host, use the one I had in the SMTP Virtual Server before."

We are using SmartHosts here. If the above does apply to me, what would be the correct process for resolving this in Exchange 2007 SP1?

2. After moving my mailbox to the 2nd server, I noticed that when I open outlook, I get a certificate error saying: "The security certificate was issues by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority. I was told that an SSL certificate did not need to be installed on the 2nd server since email is being sent through our in-office server.

3. After moving my mailbox to the 2nd server, I am no longer able to connect to it through my iPhone's email client. It gives me a password error.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Installation >> Problems after installing 2nd exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter