• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems in changing the password using the OWA Interface !

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Problems in changing the password using the OWA Interface ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems in changing the password using the OWA Interf... - 1.Jan.2004 3:32:00 PM   
raedaljarrah

Hi ...

I have followed the instructions in the following MS-Article in order to give the OWA users the ability to change their passwords from there but with no luck .
They get " The page cannot be displayed message "

Here is the article :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267596

Any ideas please !

"[Confused]"
Post #: 1
RE: Problems in changing the password using the OWA In... - 1.Jan.2004 9:44:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

Need to know more about your setup.

Do you use SSL etc. ?

(in reply to raedaljarrah)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems in changing the password using the OWA In... - 4.Jan.2004 7:20:00 AM   
raedaljarrah

No ... Just out-of-the-box settings

Post #: 3
RE: Problems in changing the password using the OWA In... - 4.Jan.2004 11:46:00 AM   
Henrik Walther

I think I did mention it for you before, but its of so much importance that its worth mentioning again: You should really implement SSL in your setup

But if you insist on being able to change OWA passwords without SSL implemented, you have to change the PasswordChangeFlags value from its default, which is 0 (Requires password change by SSL) to 1 (Allows password change by non-secure ports)

You can do this by using the Metaedit utility directly on the metabase.bin file (which is the file containing all IIS related settings) or by using the adsutil.vbs script which is explained in below MS KB:

267596 - XWEB: How to Change OWA Passwords Through IIS

Post #: 4
RE: Problems in changing the password using the OWA In... - 4.Jan.2004 12:02:00 PM   
raedaljarrah

I agree Mr. Walther

I think I am going to give it a try and implement SSL within my network .

But here come the big questions :

1 : Where do I have to start from ?
2 : Is this going to cost me some money , bying a
certificate from a certain site, for example ?
3 : Do I have to reconfigure my network for these changes to take efect ?

Please note that I am using a Back-to-Back DMZ with Private IP addresses . Two ISA servers are being used.The Exchange 2000 is published by the inner ISA which forwards all e-mails toa SMTP mail Relay in the DMZ which in turn is being published by the external ISA Server.

More over , I am publishing two web sites on the external ISA Server .

All of this is being done without SSL and I am afraid that putting SSL in action might just disturb this setup !

Please clarify [Confused]

Post #: 5
RE: Problems in changing the password using the OWA In... - 4.Jan.2004 3:28:00 PM   
raedaljarrah

I have followd the instructions in the MS Article and have the flag changed to "1" .

Problem not solved yet.

By the way , what should be the default document for this Virtual Directory " IISADMPWD " or should I leave things to the default settings ?

Thanks

Post #: 6
RE: Problems in changing the password using the OWA In... - 5.Jan.2004 7:50:00 PM   
Henrik Walther

You don't have to specify any documents, just leave it to its defaults.

What error do you get after this change password ?

Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Problems in changing the password using the OWA Interface ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter