• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 21.Apr.2003 4:25:00 PM   
carls

I have a Windows 2000/Exchange server 2000 installation and have been attempting to get the OWA portion working. I have moved the Exchange server from drive C to Drive D.

I have the services running for OWA but I can not gain acsess to my outlook mail, it keeps telling me invalid login attempt.

I have changed the security on my directory in OWA but I fear I have messed it up royally.

My question is, is there a way to re-install (remove and re-install) the OWA portion of the Exchange 2000 server? Or can anyone help me troubleshoot the current installation. If so please let me know what information you need.

Carl Slaughter
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 21.Apr.2003 4:32:00 PM   
carls

This may be unrelated but I thought I would mention this as well, but each and every time I have to re-start the W2K server (Exchange Server) I get a message saying some critical file have been replaced with older version and it asks me for Disk #1 of the Windows SBS 2000.

Carl

(in reply to carls)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 21.Apr.2003 4:44:00 PM   
carls

I seem to be able to get to the Public folders now, just not the specific user for which I am logged in on my workstation.

I am presented with a login box, where it asks my login and password. I enter both correctly but it does not accept it.

(in reply to carls)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 29.Apr.2003 4:36:00 PM   
Try loging in with domainname, backslash, user name "domainname\username" as a work around...

(in reply to carls)
  Post #: 4
RE: Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 29.Apr.2003 5:18:00 PM   
rcrhodes2002

I am having the same problem. I am presented with a logon box and it will not accept my credentials (even with the domain\username). I have walked through the document in the learning zone of this site. Everything is set right according to that document. Yet, no acceptance of my logon credentials. ????

(in reply to carls)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 29.Apr.2003 5:47:00 PM   
pvong

1. Make sure your Exchange is running on the same server as your IIS or it will not work.
2. Make sure the user is set to have access to the "http" protocol in AD. (Properties of the user/Exchange Advanced/Protocol Settings)

(in reply to carls)
Post #: 6
RE: Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 - 29.Apr.2003 6:00:00 PM   
rcrhodes2002

Here is what fixed mine! I got this from another posting in this message board:

quote:
Technically, you're supposed to ONLY set this particular setting through the protocols section for your sever in ESM (ESM > Admin Groups > Admin Group Name > Servers > Server Name > Protocols > HTTP > Exchange Virtual Server > Exchange). It's connected to the IIS metabase, and will update IIS accordingly. If you configure it in IIS, you could experience issues. However, other aspects of virtual server management should/must be done through the regular IIS interface.
Russ

(in reply to carls)
Post #: 7

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Problems with new OWA installation on Windows 2000 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter