• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Public folders disappreared

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public folders disappreared Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public folders disappreared - 25.Aug.2004 4:36:00 PM   
publicfolder

Recently we broke replication to decomission a public folder server. To let things settle in we broke the replication and procedded to wait a number of hours before we remove the server its self. however about 30 minutes into things all the data from the public folders turned up missing. All 3 replica no longer had any data on them. The tree structure was still in tact but no data. Has any one see this issue?
We are running Exchange 2003 sp1 native and Windows 2003 with 2003 functional mode.

We where able to recreate this issue in out test environment as well. I did notice on this and please correct me if I am wrong. If I go into ESM--Admin Group-- Folders-- and select the pf store I want to conect to and remove its replica and push that down shouldnt that only remove the replica from that server?

Does anyone have links on the proper way to break replication so we can make sure that we performed everything proper on our side.
Post #: 1
RE: Public folders disappreared - 30.Aug.2004 11:45:00 PM   
RonStewart

I'm not sure if you did it this way, but you remove replicas of a public folder from the propreties of that folder, not from the properties of the public folder store.

(in reply to publicfolder)
Post #: 2
RE: Public folders disappreared - 31.Aug.2004 4:07:00 PM   
publicfolder

We found out what happend... Under ESN--Admin group--folders-- etc someone ended up removing all the replica from there which in turned whipped out all the data. However we used Aletia recovery manager to open the edb and get the data back.

(in reply to publicfolder)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Public folders disappreared Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter