• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publish Resource Account Shared Calendar as Public Folder Calendar

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Publish Resource Account Shared Calendar as Public Folder Calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publish Resource Account Shared Calendar as Public Fold... - 9.Aug.2010 4:27:51 AM   
TokyoBrit

Currently we use a couple of public folders for 2 meeting rooms to handling scheduling, but since we are expanding to the 8th floor next month, and adding 3 more meeting rooms, I wanted to move towards using resource accounts.

Following the instructions for the Auto Accept Agent in Technet, I've create a single resource account as a test, installed the agent, and registered the resource mailbox using the script.

Of course, while I was logged into the new resource mailbox to ensure the folder structure is created, I made sure I shared the calendar and set appropriate permissions.

All works fine as it is, in that I can create a new appointment and include the new resource and it automatically sends responses. And I can open the shared calendar and see the appointments.

But to see the Shared Calendar I need to switch to Calendar view (Ctrl+2), in which case I no longer see my inbox (unread messages) or the other public folders (service schedules).

Is there a way to show a Shared Calendar as a Public Folder, or have it appear in the Folder List view (Ctrl+6)?

I saw this post:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6404075_make-calendar-available-public-folders.html

But that doesn't work, as you can't move your mailbox calendar to a public folder, and copying doesn't create an automatic link.
Post #: 1
RE: Publish Resource Account Shared Calendar as Public ... - 9.Aug.2010 4:35:30 PM   
uemurad

quote:

Is there a way to show a Shared Calendar as a Public Folder
No.
quote:

or have it appear in the Folder List view (Ctrl+6)?
Only by adding the entire resource mailbox to your Outlook profile.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to TokyoBrit)
Post #: 2
RE: Publish Resource Account Shared Calendar as Public ... - 9.Aug.2010 8:09:58 PM   
TokyoBrit

The other way would be to somehow get the Auto Accept Agent to work with the mail address of the mail-enabled public folder. Unfortunately, just using the script and the email address of the public folder says:

"The given email address could not be resolved to a directory object."
"Error getting ADsPath of resource mailbox"

What if I create a resource account with the same email address, register that, and then delete the resource account?

Of course, I'd rather not use the public folder, but that's the way it was setup 8 years ago with Exchange 2000 when we had 10 employees, now we have 90 and they are used to being able to see the conference room calendar under public folders.

They are busy people, and it's not likely we'll be able to get them all to go through the whole Open Shared Calendar... process.

(in reply to TokyoBrit)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Publish Resource Account Shared Calendar as Public Folder Calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter