• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Publishing Exchange 2010 Question

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Publishing Exchange 2010 Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Publishing Exchange 2010 Question - 23.Feb.2011 1:47:37 PM   
SeanRinVA

Hello All,

Ill admit it Im having trouble fully understanding how to get this set up for outside access via Autodiscover/VPN/EAS. I mean, I understand whats necessary, just not how to configure all the pieces for our configuration. The articles I've read seem to want ISA to be directly connected to the internet, and don't address our configuration - but I definitely could have missed something. This is all in preparation for moving mailboxes from our Exchange 2003 server to Exchange 2010.

Current Configuration:
WAN connection to Router (single outside IP, but can put multiple on interface)

Router to ISA 2006 Server (single inside IP on router (again, can either connect additional inside interface or add a secondary IP to existing inside interface), standard dual-homed configuration on ISA server - 192.168.1.x (to router) & 10.0.0.x (to internal network))

ISA server does not use FBA simple pass-through on HTTPS to Exchange 2003 server where the logon dialog pops up (the old, ugly way of logging on)
Inside the firewall, one other website is hosted on port 80 only, but ISA Server rule for publishing it uses the same listener as Exchange publishing rule.
The listener uses a wildcard certificate from Comodo that is cross-mapped to the SSL cert from our DC on the Exchange server, so it comes up as trusted.

Exchange 2003 server does not use FBA (see above).
Exchange OWA website requires NTLM authentication, hence the pop-up for credentials.
EAS works flawlessly.

I know that I need to set up FBA on the 2003 server 1st (actually on the ISA server, I know). When I tried to set it up months ago, I ran into the problem of it breaking EAS.

Question - would this method work in our situation? http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004pubowamobile.html

Of course, any further info you need, Ill send out

Your guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Dad o' 6. All from the same momma - been married to her for 15 years!

If ya don't have to wait for the glow plugs, it ain't a real truck.
Post #: 1
RE: Publishing Exchange 2010 Question - 27.Apr.2011 10:58:05 AM   
SeanRinVA

As my post moved to page 2 w/o a reply, I'm bumping it up.  Hope someone can help with this quandary.

Dad o' 6. All from the same momma - been married to her for 15 years!

If ya don't have to wait for the glow plugs, it ain't a real truck.

(in reply to SeanRinVA)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Publishing Exchange 2010 Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter