• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Purging Problem - EX2K

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Purging Problem - EX2K Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Purging Problem - EX2K - 18.Aug.2005 8:43:00 AM   
warbear_ng

Hey people, hopefully a newbie to your forums is allowed to ask questions right off the bat, it's either I do this and hopefully get an answer - or go made, kill my hamster by throwing bumble bees at it from across the room. Course Harry is imaginary, so it is going to be very hard to do, but I will do it...

Anyway, the problem is this. I have a 2000 AD and EX network. The 16gb limis is being reached, and we need to do some cleanup, but one of the parts of this cleanup is the removing of accounts from the server, and purging old email.

What is happening is that I have deleted users form the AD, and they are not going from the exchange server - so there is a mailbox in the store, but nothing connected to it.

The deletion rule is turned off, so it SHOULD be going.

The thing is - all the PURGE options are greyed out, for everyone. I can't purge an account out of the system, and I don't know how to fix it. I did some work today, and I need to get it done to make space, because till now, some users have been storing everything - and I mean EVERYTHING in their email. I work for a printing company, so all the graphics attached to some emails are huge.

But we are getting things in place to fix that from happening in the future, I need to right now though fix this problem.

How do I purge the unwanted email with no connection account(s) in the AD and how do I get the purge option to work?

Please help save my imaginery hamster!
Post #: 1
RE: Purging Problem - EX2K - 18.Aug.2005 9:05:00 AM   
bej

Did you run Cleanup Agent?

(in reply to warbear_ng)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Information Stores >> Purging Problem - EX2K Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter