• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Question about stores not mounting because of corrupt db files...

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Question about stores not mounting because of corrupt db files... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about stores not mounting because of corrupt d... - 10.Oct.2005 2:32:35 PM   
jime0726

hey everyone,
recently i had my entire exchange server crash on me, for some reason my mail server keeps rebooting itself about 2-3 times a day.  i dont know if a virus got in that i cant detect or if its hardware issues....anyway, last week my server finally rebooted itself and came up with the stores not mounting.  i tried to mount them manuall and got the error they cannot mount because the database files are corrupt.  i forgot what error ID it gave me.  so i freaked out and did a lot of research about eseutil because when i ran the consistency check, the status gave me dirty shutdown on both store (priv1 and pub1).  so i tried to repair them by running i think it was the /r that i used.  that gave me errors, so i found the /p to force the status back to consistent state.  it was running for about 2 hrs before my server rebooted itself again.  at that point, i figured the best thing for me to do was a disaster recovery (i think if i kept going with the eseutil, it may have worked, but i knew a restore from the last nights backup would only be less then an hr).  so i blew away my priv1 and pub1 and recreated them with disaster recovery.  then i couldnt start the information store server (realizing sp3 wasnt installed).  i finally had to get on the phone with microsoft and pay for support. they got me up and running with mounting blank db's so i could kick off my restore.  well, what i thought was only going to take a few hrs took an entire day till almost midnight.  everything is fine, we only lost a couple hrs of emails that came in before the server went down.  my question is, if this happens to me again, is there an easy way to repair my db without blowing away my information store?  and have it take only a few hrs down time?  i'm only asking cause i still cant keep my server from rebooting and i'm affraid the more it reboots, the more its going to damage my db files....  i have done the idiotic thing in the past of scanning my m: drive for any viruses, i've learned now from all these forums  :)  so any suggestions of either preventing this issue from happening again or fixing it if it does?? please let me know...thanks!!
Post #: 1
RE: Question about stores not mounting because of corru... - 5.May2015 12:45:31 AM   
Heather12

I suggest you get away from the non reliable data backup solutions. Your data is sensitive and it needs to be stored only in secured Data storage plan. I recommend you to try Free CloudBacko pro IT Solution. While choosing a good data storage mode please ensure that it can support your operating system. Free CloudBacko pro supports Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. You must also need ease and conveniency in storing your data. Cloudbacko pro have these both the features you dont have to install the Cloudbacko pro you can directly login from your social media account

(in reply to jime0726)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Information Stores >> Question about stores not mounting because of corrupt db files... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter