• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

RPC over HTTP issue

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> RPC over HTTP issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RPC over HTTP issue - 20.Sep.2010 5:25:58 PM   
mmmike

Hello,
I have a strange issue which started a few days ago with one (might be more) users.
This user have 4 computers connected via RPC over HTTP to Exchange 2010 server and a BB device.

I have a single exchange 2010 server which is a DC also and another terminal server which provide the BB services also and some other servers which are not relevant.

Now for the problem,
When this user make a change from his Outlook client in the office which is connected locally to the exchange server ALL RPC devices does not update correctly, but the BB works fine.
Most of the time a duplicate message is created on the RPC devices, and the one that have been originally change stays untouched. i.e, I have moved a message to the deleted items folder from the inbox on the local Outlook client and on the RPC client you might find the in both folders or it will stay untouched. Folders doesn't update unless you move between them and let the RPC client update it data.

All users RPC devices working with Outlook 2007 and with cached mode.

Any ideas about this issue?

*UPDATE*
Just tried configuring RPC side Outlook without cached mode, works like a charm. the problem is that 2 of the mentioned above devices are laptops, and I need them to use cached mode. So I still need some ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

< Message edited by mmmike -- 20.Sep.2010 5:50:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: RPC over HTTP issue - 21.Sep.2010 3:30:31 PM   
travis.sheldon

How large is the mailbox in question?

(in reply to mmmike)
Post #: 2
RE: RPC over HTTP issue - 22.Sep.2010 5:02:53 AM   
rishishah

Cached Mode with Large Mailboxes can take some time for the changes to be submitted to the server by the client.

You will simply have to ask your user to force a Send/Receive (F9 key) when we wants to enforce the change to the server.

Unfortunately Cached Mode is designed to reduce Network Trafiic and Exchange Server burden and only replicate changes back to the server in slow time.

Rishi Shah, MCP

Remember to backup before applying the advice. www.saiconsult.co.uk. Happy to provide Professional Exchange Server Consultancy to anywhere in the world.

(in reply to travis.sheldon)
Post #: 3
RE: RPC over HTTP issue - 12.Jan.2011 12:09:41 AM   
Tony Hu

it's better to select the "encryption" option in the Outlook profile. (security-->Encryption).

you can also gather the outlook log files and take a look if there is errors or some message in it.

in my experience, one user with too many devices might have some problem, so ask user to power off his PC if he leaves his office.

of course you can also delete the Outlook cached files and download them again (this will sync the data again with server).

cache mode is not very stable, one of my users needs to re-sync his mailbox once a month......

(in reply to rishishah)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Mobility >> RPC over HTTP issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter