• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Re-Routing via Internet

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> Re-Routing via Internet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re-Routing via Internet - 25.Aug.2007 5:51:35 AM   
Nik

We have a global org and one site has been dropped from the company. This site has another domain name for eg. The main company is @bigco.com and the site is @smallco.com
Previously all mail sent to @smallco.com was delivered using our exchange org. Now that this site has been removed we need to make sure that if anyone sends to @smallco.com it goes via the Internet and not our exchange servers.

We changed the Recipient Policy as they still have ones on our site [these have not to be deleted as the small co may come back to the big co] - we simply changed 'The exchange org is not responsible for all mail delivery to this address'.
We do not have access to their exchange server now and it seems that mail sent to @smallco.com is still routing through our org.
Does anyone know how to change this easily?

Hope this has made sense....
Post #: 1
RE: Re-Routing via Internet - 25.Aug.2007 10:12:15 AM   
uemurad

Do the recipients at smallco.com still appear in your GAL as user objects?  How does the message route if you address a message to bogus.user@smallco.com?

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to Nik)
Post #: 2
RE: Re-Routing via Internet - 25.Aug.2007 10:18:10 AM   
Nik

The recipients are still in GAL yes. I have just picked this issue up and i dont know whether the bigco company should still have the recipient policies in exchange to be honest.
The message if sent to user@smallco.com should really go to the smallco own ISP now to be routed.
I believe this has been a very quick change of the smallco being part of bigco but as mentioned they may join back again so AD and exchange MB's are still in Org.
If SMTP q's are checked some mail to @smallco.com route through our org

< Message edited by Nik -- 25.Aug.2007 10:20:01 AM >

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Re-Routing via Internet - 25.Aug.2007 10:58:56 AM   
uemurad

If you may be reconnecting the users and don't want to change your GAL, then I think the way to resolve this is with a new SMTP connector.  Add smallco.com to the Address Space, then use DNS for routing.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to Nik)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> Re-Routing via Internet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter