• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 8.Nov.2000 5:08:00 PM   
I was previously using ISP whom had *@domain.com all routed to my pop mailbox. I now howt my own mail (almost) but have a problem. I need to receive ALL mail to @domain.com but don't want to set up an infinite number of ???@domain.com accounts. How can I set Exchange 5.5 to send all mail to a domain to go in administrator mailbox?

Thanks,

Tim

Post #: 1
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 9.Nov.2000 5:20:00 PM   
gdh

In the Internet Mail Service connector you can select an administrator mailbox.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 2
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 10.Nov.2000 2:28:00 AM   
Unfortunately that didn't work either. I selected administrator for Administrators mailbox and the only mail that comes in has to be addressed to administrator. I am losing mail that was send to anythingelse@domain.com. Any other suggestions?

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 3
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 10.Nov.2000 10:03:00 PM   
gdh

In the Internet Mail Service, make sure the Notifications are selected. I use "Always send notifications" but the one you need specifically is "E-mail address could not be found".

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 13.Nov.2000 5:04:00 PM   
Mickulz

I have the exact same issue. I have a client that wants NO mail to bounce. The method suggested above logs and send the log to the Admin. mail box, but it also sends a bounce mail back to the originator. I am now assuming that the ISP's that I have known to do this are not running exchange.
Mickulz
macguru@fusiontek.com

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 5
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 13.Nov.2000 6:26:00 PM   
My problem is as Mickulz. I don't want any mail to get bounced back. I want all mail to go to one mailbox. This seems impossible in Exchange, but as Mickulz said, ISP's must not be using exchange for their customers domains. Anybody have a solution?

Tim

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 6
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 16.Nov.2000 12:45:00 PM   
I am trying to do the same thing. I would rather come up with a way that avoids NDR altogether. I saw something about it once, but cant remember. please help.

mega24

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 7
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 18.Nov.2000 8:48:00 AM   
Will this ever get answered? Can you avoid the NDR's and send *@domain.com to 1 mailbox without having anything get bounced back to sender?

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 8
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 20.Nov.2000 2:34:00 AM   
It cannot be done in 5.5 though Im not sure that is true in 2000, technically it has to do this, by the RFC,

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 9
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 21.Nov.2000 8:50:00 AM   
I have a similiar issue. We have several different email domains. I would like non-deliverable messages for each domain to go to a different mailbox ... postmaster@domain1.com, postmaster@domain2.com, etc.

Is this possible with Exchange 5.5?

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 10
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 22.Nov.2000 4:34:00 AM   
Postman Pat

You could use something like a unix/sendmail front end to preprocess the mail messages.

It would have to check the GAL, if the address is unknown change it to a generic account.

You then have an extra hop in your mail system, along with the extra problems that will bring.

NDR's are part of the RFC, you can't just disable them and remain compliant with the rest of the world, personally I like to get an NDR if I've addressed a message wrong. At least I know and can choose to do something about it, even if it's just send a note to the remote postmaster.

Pat.

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 11
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 5.Dec.2000 7:03:00 PM   
libosis

I have the same deal ... did you get anywhere with this ??

------------------
cheers
libosis
:)

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 12
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 21.Dec.2000 6:19:00 PM   
quote:
Originally posted by Postman Pat:
NDR's are part of the RFC, you can't just disable them and remain compliant with the rest of the world
Pat.

Yes, sure, noone _should_ disable NDRs to be sent!
But s/he _may_ check "Disable Automatic Replies to the Internet" option in "Advanced options" dialoge at Internet Mail page.

But ... this is a wrong way.

noop.

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 13
RE: Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox - 20.Jan.2001 11:48:00 AM   
Check out Softek MailMarshal

(in reply to Guest)
  Post #: 14

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 5.5] >> General >> Receive *@domain.com to administrator mailbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter