• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Receive mail directly from an other Exchange server.

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Receive mail directly from an other Exchange server. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Receive mail directly from an other Exchange server. - 23.Oct.2012 8:41:35 AM   
tomtom

I have two Exchange environments. They have no connection to each other except that we have a VPN between the two net. They are not in the same domain or anything.

I want one of the Exchange servers to forward all emails sent to a specific domain directly to the other Exchange server.

Ex.
domain1.com resides on one Exchange server.
domain2.com resides on the other.
When john@domain1.com sends an email to nick@domain2.com, I want the mail to be sent directly to the Exchange server through the VPN. Not out on the internet.

My question is how do I configure the receiving Exchange server to allow the first Exchange server to be able to send mail like that?
Post #: 1
RE: Receive mail directly from an other Exchange server. - 23.Oct.2012 11:16:19 AM   
de.blackman

In such a design, I would assume that the VPN connection between the two networks is persistent (always on).

In domain1.com, create a send connector that has an address space of domain2.com. Configure this connector to send through a smart host and provide the IP address of the Exchange server in domain2 (again I assume that your VPN is configured so that Exchange1 in domain1 can ping Exchange2 in domain2).

On Exchange2, if not already configured, create a receive connector that is allowed to accept connections for the IP address of Exchange1 and you can configure it to use anonymous permissions.

Ibrahim Benna - Microsoft Exchange MVP
Forum Moderator
Navantis
@IbrahimBenna

(in reply to tomtom)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Receive mail directly from an other Exchange server. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter