• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Receiving NDRs when sending mail to MailEnabled PF with delivery restrictions set - HELP!

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Receiving NDRs when sending mail to MailEnabled PF with delivery restrictions set - HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Receiving NDRs when sending mail to MailEnabled PF with... - 30.Sep.2014 2:30:41 PM   
SaGe69

Dear Exchange Gurus,

I'm having a helluva time trying to figure this one out and would greatly appreciate anyone's help...

I'm running Exchange 2003 and have recently been asked to utilize Delivery Restrictions to limit outgoing emails to 20MB in size and incoming emails to 5MB in size.
I did so by setting the requested limits up under the Defaults tab of Global Settings -> Message Delivery on ESM.

Since the change, we've had vendors contact us stating that they are now receiving NDR/bounce backs when sending to specific mailboxes, in particular a Mail-Enabled public folder called Payables.

So now my company is asking me to keep the current delivery restrictions in place but allow only the Payables public folder to be able to receive emails larger
that 5MB. I attempted to do this by setting the requested limit up on the properties of the public folder itself however when I sent a test message with a 18MB file
attachment externally to Payables, received the following NDR;

------------------
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Payables@<mydomain>.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;Payables@<mydomain>.com
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: Payables
----------------

Is there a way to allow specific mailboxes (including mail-enabled public folders) to have specific delivery restrictions as outlined above and still keep my Global Settings set to 20MB outgoing/5MB incoming?

I even went as far as removing the limits in the Global Settings altogether and only setting them on the public folder but my 18MB email still received a bounce back.

Any help with addressing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
SaGe69

< Message edited by SaGe69 -- 30.Sep.2014 2:42:39 PM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Public Folders >> Receiving NDRs when sending mail to MailEnabled PF with delivery restrictions set - HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter