• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 6.Mar.2006 7:23:01 PM   
fatjohnny

In my Application log on my Exchange 2000 server I have two seperate Event ID: 8011 events.

Searching directory exchangeXX.XXXXXXX.com at base '' using filter '(objectclass=*)' and requesting attributes currentTime.  

and

Searching directory exchangeXX.XXXXXXXXXX.com at base 'CN=Recipient Update Services,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=XXXXXXXXXX,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=XXXXXXXXXXXXX,DC=com' using filter '(&(objectCategory=msExchAddressListService)(!(IsDeleted=TRUE)))' and requesting attributes distinguishedName; objectGUID; LegacyExchangeDN; msExchADCGlobalNames; ObjectSID; ObjectClass; msExchMasterServiceBL; activationSchedule; activationStyle; msExchAddressListServiceLink; msExchDomainLink; msExchServer1AuthenticationCredentials; msExchServer1AuthenticationPassword; msExchEncryptedPassword; msExchServer1NetworkAddress; msExchExportContainers; msExchReplicateNow; msExchDoFullReplication; msExchServer1LastUpdateTime; msExchServer1HighestUSN; msExchServer1PageSize; msExchPollInterval; msExchServer1Flags; VersionNumber; msExchServer1HighestUSNVector; msExchProcessedSids; msExchDomainGlobalGroupSid; msExchDomainLocalGroupSid; msExchDomainGlobalGroupGuid; msExchDomainLocalGroupGuid; gatewayProxy.  

I have gone through the KB articles and cannot figure out exactly what to change in adsiedit.msc to get my RUS functioning properly again.

I became aware of the problem after adding a user who's mailbox never appeared.  I manually edited all the entries specific to his account in adsiedit.msc to get his mailbox functional but I would like to resolve the issue.

I'm running Server 2000 and Exchange 2000, both are updated 100%.

I have a file server also running Win2k Sever and this exchange server in question.

Much thanks from a newb to this forum.

< Message edited by fatjohnny -- 6.Mar.2006 8:03:49 PM >

Thanks In Advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 6.Mar.2006 8:07:52 PM   
fatjohnny

Please let me know if any other info would be helpful in diagnosing this issue.

Thanks again.

(in reply to fatjohnny)
Post #: 2
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 11.Mar.2006 2:37:11 AM   
tushar

Recepient Update Service :

wel wel wel......

Firstly. Check is the Rus pointing to the correct Exchang server and DC (ESM ----Recepients ----RUS)
Secondly. Check for the gatewayproxy attribute (adsiedit.msc----configDC----go down to your ORG---recepients---RUS domain and enterpriz properties)
This value should be at "not set". If you do find anything there remove it
Thirdly Try restarting SA service.

Check for the following articles

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823153  Work with the Recipient Update Service in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738  - How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356  - Exchange Recipient Update Service does not stamp proxy addresses in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794 -How to troubleshoot the Recipient Update Service by using the Application log in Exchange 2000 server and in Exchange Server 2003

(in reply to fatjohnny)
Post #: 3
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 13.Mar.2006 2:32:03 PM   
fatjohnny

quote:

ORIGINAL: tushar

wel wel wel......

Firstly. Check is the Rus pointing to the correct Exchang server and DC (ESM ----Recepients ----RUS)
Secondly. Check for the gatewayproxy attribute (adsiedit.msc----configDC----go down to your ORG---recepients---RUS domain and enterpriz properties)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823153  Work with the Recipient Update Service in Exchange Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738  - How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286356  - Exchange Recipient Update Service does not stamp proxy addresses in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822794 -How to troubleshoot the Recipient Update Service by using the Application log in Exchange 2000 server and in Exchange Server 2003

1. I have two servers the exchange and file servers are both DC's.  RUS is pointing at the exchange server for both the Exchange and DC fields.  (I have tried changing that and it doesn't matter)

2. I have checked and verified the "gatewayproxy" attribute but I will do it again

3. I have done that and rebooted the server many times.

After calling M$ to recieve a hotfix (which of course wasn't applicable) I recieved all of these KB's, naturally some are 'dead links', which I have gone through repeatedly.

240404 - XADM Exchange 2000 Server Recipient Policies
246127 - XADM How to Check the Progress of the Recipient Update Service
251395 - XADM Summary of the Exchange 2000 Recipient Update Service
251943 - XADM Proxy Addresses Do Not Appear on Mailboxes Immediately
253770 - XADM Tasks Performed by the Recipient Update Service
255719 - XADM Description of Exchange 2000 Server Recipient Update Service
288807 - Troubleshooting the Recipient Update Service
297987 - XADM Recipient Update Service Creates Duplicate Secondary SMTP Addresses That Causes N
316615 - XADM The Recipient Update Service Ignores the msExchPollInterval Attribute
317654 - Recipient Update Service Does Not Update Objects
319065 - HOW TO Work with the Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
328738 - XADM How the Recipient Update Service Applies Recipient Policies

(in reply to tushar)
Post #: 4
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 23.Mar.2006 3:44:00 PM   
fatjohnny

I'm still having this issue and my consultant is suggesting running "domainprep" and " forestprep"

I'm concerened about running those commands on a 'production' machine.

Should I be?

Thanks,

Fatjohnny

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatjohnny

quote:

wel wel wel......

1. I have two servers the exchange and file servers are both DC's.  RUS is pointing at the exchange server for both the Exchange and DC fields.  (I have tried changing that and it doesn't matter)

2. I have checked and verified the "gatewayproxy" attribute but I will do it again

3. I have done that and rebooted the server many times.

After calling M$ to recieve a hotfix (which of course wasn't applicable) I recieved all of these KB's, naturally some are 'dead links', which I have gone through repeatedly.

240404 - XADM Exchange 2000 Server Recipient Policies
246127 - XADM How to Check the Progress of the Recipient Update Service
251395 - XADM Summary of the Exchange 2000 Recipient Update Service
251943 - XADM Proxy Addresses Do Not Appear on Mailboxes Immediately
253770 - XADM Tasks Performed by the Recipient Update Service
255719 - XADM Description of Exchange 2000 Server Recipient Update Service
288807 - Troubleshooting the Recipient Update Service
297987 - XADM Recipient Update Service Creates Duplicate Secondary SMTP Addresses That Causes N
316615 - XADM The Recipient Update Service Ignores the msExchPollInterval Attribute
317654 - Recipient Update Service Does Not Update Objects
319065 - HOW TO Work with the Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
328738 - XADM How the Recipient Update Service Applies Recipient Policies

(in reply to fatjohnny)
Post #: 5
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 23.Mar.2006 10:58:56 PM   
tushar

Thats completely fine.....

You can run forestprep and domainprep n number of times.

(in reply to fatjohnny)
Post #: 6
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 6.Jul.2006 5:52:29 PM   
fatjohnny

forestprep and domainprep did nothing to fix the problem 

I'm having to manually create email accounts.

(in reply to tushar)
Post #: 7
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 6.Jul.2006 7:44:26 PM   
tushar

Hey dude,

Manually creating email accounts would not resolve your issue.

You can increase diagnostic logging on LDAP Operations, Service Control, Address List Synchronisation under MSExchangeAL

Then try and update RUS - domain and Enterprise.

Check the Event ids that appear.

(in reply to fatjohnny)
Post #: 8
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 6.Jul.2006 8:33:50 PM   
fatjohnny

quote:

Hey dude,

Manually creating email accounts would not resolve your issue.

You can increase diagnostic logging on LDAP Operations, Service Control, Address List Synchronisation under MSExchangeAL

Then try and update RUS - domain and Enterprise.

Check the Event ids that appear.

Manually creating the accounts makes them show up in the GAL and actually function.

I was having all the "normal" event ID problems but none of the solutions were appropriate for me.  8011 and 8012.

It seems this is just a lost cause, I've gone through more KB's and garbage on this than on everything else I've done in the last 2 years.

(in reply to tushar)
Post #: 9
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 23.Oct.2006 4:57:36 PM   
stoal76

Hi fatjohnny

I am also experiencing the same problem, lots of event 8011 & 8012 and no mailbox or email addresses.

I have also started manually creating the missing exchange attributes using ADSIEDIT:
msExchUserAccountControl = 0
showInAddressBook = CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Company Name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

I have also run a domainprep no difference,

Found something that suggested recreating the RUS, so I deleted the Domain RUS but still no difference.
Strange thing is with the recreated RUS the msExchServer1HighestUSN = not set
This suggests to me that Exchange cannot see the RUS, but how do we reset the RUS if deleting it and recreating it does not work?
I have also found that the msExchServer1HighestUSN on the Enterprise RUS has stayed the same number for quite some time, also suggesting problems seeing the RUS.

Have you had any issues with the accounts that you manually created, we are suggesting this as a work around until we upgrade to Exchange 2003?

(in reply to fatjohnny)
Post #: 10
RE: Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error - 23.Oct.2006 9:08:57 PM   
fatjohnny

Thanks for the reply.

I've been manually creating new accounts with ADSI EDIT also.

I had my consultants spend about 2 hours trying to fix this to no avail.  We tried all the same things you mentioned.

They suggested calling the paid support at Microsoft and seeing what the Mother$hip can do.

Very frustrating problem to say the least....

quote:

ORIGINAL: stoal76

Hi fatjohnny

I am also experiencing the same problem, lots of event 8011 & 8012 and no mailbox or email addresses.

I have also started manually creating the missing exchange attributes using ADSIEDIT:
msExchUserAccountControl = 0
showInAddressBook = CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Company Name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

I have also run a domainprep no difference,

Found something that suggested recreating the RUS, so I deleted the Domain RUS but still no difference.
Strange thing is with the recreated RUS the msExchServer1HighestUSN = not set
This suggests to me that Exchange cannot see the RUS, but how do we reset the RUS if deleting it and recreating it does not work?
I have also found that the msExchServer1HighestUSN on the Enterprise RUS has stayed the same number for quite some time, also suggesting problems seeing the RUS.

Have you had any issues with the accounts that you manually created, we are suggesting this as a work around until we upgrade to Exchange 2003?

(in reply to stoal76)
Post #: 11

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Recipient Update Sevices (Again) LDAP error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter