• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Redirection of OWA clients on Exchange 2003

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Redirection of OWA clients on Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Redirection of OWA clients on Exchange 2003 - 25.Sep.2008 6:21:31 PM   
wavegeek

I am testing our future migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchang 2007 in a non-production envirnoment. I have set up the necessary AD servers, an Exchange 2003 server, Exchange 2007 server, Client Access Server and a workstation. Currently my users are on the Exchange 2003 server and I have not moved their mailboxes over to Exchange 2007. I have OWA configured on the Exchange 2003 server as well as the Exchange 2007 server. I recently read an article that states that if an Exchange 2003 mailbox user attempts to connect to an OWA website on Exchange 2007 server, they we will be redirected back to their mailbox on Exchange Server 2003. The issue I am having is that when the user on Exchange 2003 makes the connection to Exchange 2007 OWA it says they do not have a mailbox on Exchange 2007. They do not get redirected back to Exchange 2003 OWA. Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Alex
Post #: 1
RE: Redirection of OWA clients on Exchange 2003 - 26.Sep.2008 8:31:54 AM   
leederbyshire

AFAIK, they will get redirected if they use the http://server/exchange URL on the CAS server, but not if they attempt to use the http://server/owa URL.

Lee.

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com

(in reply to wavegeek)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Outlook Web Access >> Redirection of OWA clients on Exchange 2003 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter