• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Relay all meesages after GMail Migration

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Relay all meesages after GMail Migration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Relay all meesages after GMail Migration - 12.Jun.2013 10:22:35 PM   
netpage

Hi,

We have just migrated our mail to Google Apps. All new messages to and from the schools mail account are all working OK except for messages generated from within the internal network, such as printers, scanners, accounts software etc. These messages are still be routed to the Exchange server and end up in users mailboxes on the exchange server.

Is there a way to force all messages that arrive at the Exchange Server to be re-directed to the GMail server? I have looked into this an it appears to be linked to setting up a Smart Host [smtp.gmail.com] but this does not seem to be working. The Exchange Server was set up by someone else and they have configured an SMTP Virtual Server instead of a SMTP Connector. If I add a connector mail still gets routed to the SMTP Virtual Server first.

Do I just need to remove the virtual server and configure the connector?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

James[/size]
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Relay all meesages after GMail Migration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter