• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Remove Server From Excahgne Org

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Remove Server From Excahgne Org Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Remove Server From Excahgne Org - 10.Dec.2010 9:44:39 AM   
arpatel1980

Hey Guys,

First of all im an Exchagne newbie so please forgive my ignorance.

I have an Exchange 2003 Org that covers three sites. Three Exchange Servers, all running Exchange Ent 2003.

I have the main Exch Server in the HQ (lets call it site A) and two satellite offices.

Each site has Mailboxes locally.

Due to a sale of part of the company i need to remove one of the sites (lets call it site B) from my Exchange Org.

I need help with what has to be done.

Site B was purchased a few years ago, so has two SMTP address, mail with site B name goes directly to Site B, mail with Site A name goes to site A and is then routed to site B internally.

What type of things do i need to check before i just right click and delete the site b server from exchange system manager?

for now lets pressume i dont care about what happens to site B's mail flow (if that scope changes then i will update the thread)

Thank you in advance for your help, i appreciate it.

- Tony
Post #: 1
RE: Remove Server From Excahgne Org - 10.Dec.2010 10:27:07 AM   
V_R_Daghigh

Hi Arpatel1380.
Check the following link :
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Removing-First-Exchange-2003-Server-Part1.html

Good Luck.

(in reply to arpatel1980)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Migration >> Remove Server From Excahgne Org Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter