• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Removed contacts / Undeliverable messages

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Removed contacts / Undeliverable messages Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Removed contacts / Undeliverable messages - 26.Nov.2014 12:38:24 PM   
timchin

I recently removed ~500 contacts from Exchange/AD that were used as e-mail lists for bulk mailings years ago. They were cluttering our address book and causing issues as people change companies, e-mail addreses, etc.

After removal, several Outlook users were receiving NDRs when sending to addresses that were previously contacts. I used nk2edit to convert any EX address type with a remote domain to an SMTP address type and that fixed that problem immediately.

However, I have a couple of OWA-only users and they have the same problem. If I double-click one of the names, it says 'Access Denied. The AD resource couldn't be accessed...' even though the correct SMTP address shows when I hover over it. When clicking on the address in the NDR it shows the LegacyExchangeDN /O=ORG/OU=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=...

How in the world do I convert EX address types for remote domains over to SMTP address types in OWA? Is there something in the CLI? Doing the clear address cache or whatever it is in OWA lite has no effect on this problem.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you
Tim
Post #: 1
RE: Removed contacts / Undeliverable messages - 26.Nov.2014 8:24:41 PM   
timchin

Found IPM.Configuration.OWA.AutocompleteCache in MFCMAPI. I was able to edit my own entries and write them back to PR_ROAMING_XMLSTREAM and they were reflected in OWA after logout/logon.

However, the users that I want to update I receive MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY when trying to open that particular property. The results appear to be truncated to 32KB (mine was less than that). I also tried OutlookSpy, but I received the same results on their mailboxes.

Any idea on how to do this a different way or get around the MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY error? The only other ideas I have are to handle the issues one-by-one as they surface or delete the entire IPM.Configuration.OWA.AutoCompleteCache property. Neither option sounds very great. I wonder how this would be handled in a large company with thousands of mailboxes.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks
Tim

(in reply to timchin)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2010] >> Outlook Web Access >> Removed contacts / Undeliverable messages Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter