• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Reoccurring Meeting Appointments

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Reoccurring Meeting Appointments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reoccurring Meeting Appointments - 28.Dec.2010 3:52:04 PM   
Indignity

We are at wit's end with an issue we've been unable to resolve and hoping that you experts can help us think this through.

We have a manager that has a couple of reoccurring meeting with 4 others and each of them is marked as 'attending' and thus is to receive a reminder everyday.

Here's a screen cap of the meetings as forwarded by the individual that gets the most of them:

This gentleman gets 4 of these notices every 10 minutes that go directly to his 'Deleted Items' folder (probably because it always appears to be in the past being the date listed in 1979).  We cannot pinpoint where this date is coming from as the Exchange Server's date is correct along with the meeting originator and the gentleman getting the above messages.

There is another user that gets notified more frequently than he should, but not like the user above.

Some of the additional steps we've taken:
- Removed all Outlook entries for the meetings in the originator's calendar and re-added them ; NO LUCK
- Wiped all remnants of his Outlook settings and let them rebuild entirely ; NO LUCK
- Went through every setting on Exchange related to each user's account to make sure there was nothing missed ; NO LUCK

- Added an Administrative user to the group in an attempt to potentially recreate the issue with that account ; NO LUCK
- Had the originator totally delete his Exchange Client on his phone ; NO LUCK

We also cannot see any logs indicating where these messages are coming from within Exchange.

We're kind of at a loss on where to look for the potential fault. We simply need to stop these reoccurring messages & would really appreciate any guidance on where we could begin to look!

Happy New Year & thanks for any help!!!

---2-04-2011 Edit---
Thanks for all the replies lol!!!

FYI, the issue was one of the gentlemen had an Android phone and was attempting to utilize Google Calendar to sync everything and it created a loop.

Don't know if I'll ever be posting here again.. very disappointing!

< Message edited by Indignity -- 4.Feb.2011 10:53:46 AM >
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Message Routing >> Reoccurring Meeting Appointments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter