• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Requesting data from Ms Exchange server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Requesting data from Ms Exchange server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 20.Feb.2003 1:21:00 AM   
Sybrix

One of my client PC system keep coming up with " Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange server "ABS". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until outlook closes the message automatically" Can anyone explain why that happen? and what can i do.
Post #: 1
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 20.Feb.2003 10:15:00 PM   
vetteman

We get the same message too sometimes. I have seen some posts relating to this being caused by bandwith or name resolution (DNS) issues where it was seeing the mail servers external IP address vs. internal. It's a new "feature" of Outlook Xp which can be disabled by the registry.

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 2
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 21.Feb.2003 4:35:00 PM   
brian_christie

Do you have a link to this registry fix? We get it too.

Thanks.

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 3
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 21.Feb.2003 4:42:00 PM   
brian_christie

Found it...
Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 293650

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 4
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 3.Mar.2003 8:17:00 PM   
hama

well we have the same problem, we just moved users from exchang 5.5 win2k in a data domain to a production domain running win2k+ex2k-sp3,
the problem we are having is that the users mailboxes were exported to pst files, then pulled in again on the new domain,
they get the error message, but it gives the old exchange server name ( the one running 5.5) not the new exchange server running 2k-sp3

any ideas, or resoultions for this, if it was giving the the new exchange server name, i would understand it,

all outlook users are running outlook xp with sp2

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 5
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 6.May2003 6:16:00 AM   
gconterio

quote:
Originally posted by hama:
well we have the same problem, we just moved users from exchang 5.5 win2k in a data domain to a production domain running win2k+ex2k-sp3,
the problem we are having is that the users mailboxes were exported to pst files, then pulled in again on the new domain,
they get the error message, but it gives the old exchange server name ( the one running 5.5) not the new exchange server running 2k-sp3

any ideas, or resoultions for this, if it was giving the the new exchange server name, i would understand it,

all outlook users are running outlook xp with sp2

I am having this exact same problem. have you found any solutions?

THX,
GC

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 6
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 9.May2003 9:33:00 PM   
atguilmette

That one's a pain. You have to go to each machine and change, though Outlook properties, what server each user is connected to. On the flip side, you could try creating a static WINS and/or DNS entry for the OLD server name and point it to the NEW server name, and then take your time getting around to the old client machines. Don't know if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 7
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 11.May2003 8:24:00 PM   
BeTaCam

Looks like there are some replication happening either to the content on public folders (address book or content on the PF's).

Just check the preferred GC ( on the same site as the exchange server) at this time and check the replication.

Cheers

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 8
RE: Requesting data from Ms Exchange server - 13.May2003 12:42:00 AM   
Brianw

I had this same issue as well.

In order to get the client machines to look at the correct server, I found the best thing to do was to delete their existing profile and create a new one with a different name.

As far as the 'Requesting data' doing the Reg hack and as well going into Tools/options/other and clearing the box 'Enable Instant Messaging in Microsoft Outlook' did the trick for me. None of my users have complained since.

Hope this helps all of you!

(in reply to Sybrix)
Post #: 9

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> General >> Requesting data from Ms Exchange server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter