• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Routing replies back to original sender

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> Routing replies back to original sender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Routing replies back to original sender - 2.Oct.2007 10:23:36 PM   
Cire82

Hi guys, I got a niggling problem, although this doesn't sound efficient but its the way my boss wants. So I need to know if exchange can do this, which I'll explain via an example:

customer@net.com sends a sales inquiry to company@company.com
within the company there are 2 departments: admin & sales each with their own emails for its staff; name1@company.com, name2@company.com and so on. Assuming name1-name3 is under sales department and they are grouped under the "sales" setup on the exchange server or outlook 2000, similarly name4-6 belongs to admin group

So since this is a sales inquiry, the exchange server(company@company.com) should forward it to one of the sales emails, assuming there is a rule that says " product X" in message body then forward to name1@company.com

so name1 receives, checks the product and decides to reply with a quotation. Here comes the problem, I need to make sure that this reply goes back to the email server(exchange or outlook 2000) and then this server forwards it back to customer@net.com , and the customer sees company@company.com as the sender.

is this possible? pardon my ignorance, i'm very new to all this.
thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Routing replies back to original sender - 2.Oct.2007 11:52:11 PM   
uemurad

There is nothing built-in to Exchange that will allow you to randomly distribute inbound messages.  You'll need some sort of add-in to accomplish that.

The second part of your question is possible if you give the users "Send as" permissions to the object holding the company@company.com address.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to Cire82)
Post #: 2
RE: Routing replies back to original sender - 3.Oct.2007 4:29:11 AM   
Cire82

quote:

ORIGINAL: uemurad

There is nothing built-in to Exchange that will allow you to randomly distribute inbound messages.  You'll need some sort of add-in to accomplish that.

The second part of your question is possible if you give the users "Send as" permissions to the object holding the company@company.com address.

ah i see, thanks but I don't mean random distribution of messages, rather by using rules to forward e-mails to appropaite personnel.

(in reply to uemurad)
Post #: 3
RE: Routing replies back to original sender - 3.Oct.2007 9:26:47 AM   
uemurad

If the inbound address is attached to a mailbox, then you can create Outlook rules in that mailbox to distribute the messages.

Regards,

Dean T. Uemura
Microsoft MVP - Exchange (2007-2011)
exchangeguy.blogspot.com
uemurad@yahoo.com

(in reply to Cire82)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2000] >> Message Routing >> Routing replies back to original sender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter