• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SBS2k3 Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS2k3 Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SBS2k3 Exchange - 22.Oct.2009 2:14:32 PM   
jpyoung

Hello.

Hope I can find help here as I am kind of a novice on Exchange.

I had a server crash and had to rebuild it. It was built and exchange installed, users and mailboxes created, I was able to send and receive mail, (the two main priorities was to get the machine up and users logged in and email working)

So after this was achieved I was tasked with restoring the old mail files, so using the "This database can be overwritten by a restore" feature I was able to restore the old mail files,

At this point I ran the necessary utils to repair and what not the database, this allowed me to actually mount the db.

From here I was able to create a blank user and attach a few of the smaller mailboxes, and create a PST and give the mail back to the original user (now I know that probably the best way to do it but it had worked.)

My problem lies with larger mailboxes, I get the following error message

"/O=DOMAIN/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENT/CN=USER
This legacyExchangeDN value is already being used by 'CN=User,OU=Users,OU=ougroup,OU=domain,DC=Local'

Facility :Exchange System Manager
ID np : c1034ad7
Exchange System Manager

now I have been able to reconnect other mail boxes on the server. where the users have been set up in exactly the same ou groups and AD structure

Does anyone have any Ideas as to what to do ?

Thanks in advance.

Jason
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS2k3 Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter