• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SBS stops and needs reboot

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS stops and needs reboot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SBS stops and needs reboot - 5.Mar.2007 4:42:22 AM   
spawforths

I have a SBS 2003 server which over the last week has needed to be rebooted several times, to bring it back to life.

The event log reports

Event id 4353
The description for Event ID ( 4353 ) in Source ( SmallBusinessServer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file is corrupt..

then

Even id 1030

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

then a succession of Event id 8026

LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory server.SpawforthAssociates.local for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down.

Rebooting the server seems to cure this, but obviously I need to get to the bottom of this. Has anyone come across this problem before.
Post #: 1

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Exchange 2003 SBS >> SBS stops and needs reboot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter