• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SOLVED: can't remove last traces of old server

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> SOLVED: can't remove last traces of old server Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOLVED: can't remove last traces of old server - 17.Apr.2012 4:55:57 PM   
billeuze

A couple of years ago we had an exchange 2003 server named Server1. we have since moved all mailboxes to an exchange 2007 server. Exchange was not cleanly removed from server1, in fact it was just unlugged and removed from the network. I did go through Active directory and removed all remnants I could find of this server last year. But, It still shows up in the following situation: I use EMC to move a mailbox from one server to another and in the list of available servers to which I can choose to move it, Server1 appears. How can I get rid of this last remnant of the old server?

< Message edited by billeuze -- 17.Apr.2012 9:17:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: can't remove last traces of old server - 17.Apr.2012 8:55:20 PM   
RustyShackleford

In your particular circumstance, you will need to remove from AD using adsiedit.msc. This is never recommended but you don't have a choice.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/thread/84f21467-adaf-47f2-a2de-ca07017df784

1) Install ADSI Edit.
2) Launch ADSI Edit. To do this, click Start, click Run, type adsiedit.msc in the text box, and then click OK.
3) Locate the Exchange server object by going to the following location: CN=Configuration, DC= Domain Name, DC=com, CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=<Organization Name>, CN=Administrative Groups, CN= <Exchange Administrative Group>, CN=Servers, CN=<Server Name>.
4) Delete the server object.
5) Remove the Exchange server's machine account from Security groups Exchange Servers and Exchange Install Domain Servers

Peace.

(in reply to billeuze)
Post #: 2
RE: can't remove last traces of old server - 17.Apr.2012 9:16:07 PM   
billeuze

Thanks man, that was simple - and it worked

(in reply to RustyShackleford)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> Management >> SOLVED: can't remove last traces of old server Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter