• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

SSL cert points to random site

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> SSL cert points to random site Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SSL cert points to random site - 29.Jun.2011 12:14:00 PM   
zeroflight

I'm fairly new to managing Exchange so please be patient.  The problem is when running outlook (whether internal or external), it gives a security error saying the certificate name doesn't match the name of the site.  The location it specifies is for a random website (bookegypt.com) and is issued by RapidSSL.  We have a certificate issued by someone else and as far as I can tell, it's installed to our Exchange & default website and being sent out.  The OWA works fine and doesn't give any errors.

From another thread http://forums.msexchange.org/m_1800457177/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#1800460087 I used it for ideas but still no luck.  Running GetExchangeCertificate shows two, one for the external location (outlook.ourdomain.com) and one for internal server name.  The URI shows an extension of that (outlook.ourdomain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml).  I tried uninstalling the certificate and reinstalling it to the website, reissuing it (also website), and manually adding it on a test machine but no effect.

Any ideas or areas I can clarify?
Post #: 1
RE: SSL cert points to random site - 30.Jun.2011 5:34:32 AM   
steveredman

Hello,

Try reading this page:-

http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/10/outlook-2007-certificate-error/

May help your situation.

Regards,

Stephen

(in reply to zeroflight)
Post #: 2
RE: SSL cert points to random site - 1.Jul.2011 12:27:04 PM   
zeroflight

Not really but thanks anyway.  That's the article quoted in the thread I mentioned.  It doesn't cover the certificate pointing to a completely different and random page that isn't related to us at all.  This isn't us, but figure we're domainjj.com and the certificate is for bookegypt.com (actually where it's pointed to).  Not only is it not us, but the names aren't even close.

(in reply to steveredman)
Post #: 3

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2007] >> General >> SSL cert points to random site Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter