• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Scan to Email Problem

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Scan to Email Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scan to Email Problem - 4.Nov.2008 9:36:31 AM   
pcguru1964

A client of our's is having a sudden strange problem. They have a Ricoh Multi Function Device that scans and sends a PDF to the selected user. This was working until last week. There are two users who do not receive the scans when sent to them. All other users receive fine. It was about the same time that Office 2007 was installed on all the PCs. So I initially thought it was an Outlook issue. If so the user would receive in OWA. It was received neither place. No errors on the Ricoh that I can tell. I tried to send telnet tests from the server to the users in question and they are not received either. The strangest thing is that when I send a normal test email from my Outlook to their addresses the email is received. The only thing that I can think of about these users is that they were the last two users to be added to the SBS system. Though I have no idea what relevance that has. Any ideas? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Scan to Email Problem - 4.Nov.2008 10:02:04 AM   
mark@mvps.org

Sounds like an SMTP address problem somewhere along the line. Any odd character(s) that managed to creep in somehow?

Mark Arnold (Exchange MVP)
List Moderator

(in reply to pcguru1964)
Post #: 2
RE: Scan to Email Problem - 4.Nov.2008 10:08:18 AM   
pcguru1964

thanks for the quick reply. no strange characters. on one user I even made a secondary smtp address which also did not work from scanner or telnet but did work from normal email. also deleted the users from the scanner and readded.

(in reply to mark@mvps.org)
Post #: 3
RE: Scan to Email Problem - 5.Nov.2008 12:06:38 PM   
ravisha_22

Check the properties of those two users and see if some setting like receive mail only from authenticated users is configured. The best way to go about is to open a normal user and the problem user properties side-by-side and compare all the properties.

Ravishankar

(in reply to pcguru1964)
Post #: 4

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> Message Routing >> Scan to Email Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter