• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Exchange Server Forums

Forums | Register | Login | My Profile | Inbox | RSS RSS icon | My Subscription | My Forums | Address Book | Member List | Search | FAQ | Ticket List | Log Out

Searching Logfiles in Exchange

Users viewing this topic: none

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Searching Logfiles in Exchange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Searching Logfiles in Exchange - 19.Feb.2004 9:24:00 AM   
zweifler

Hello

Im new here and like to ask a little question.

What tools do you normally use, or recommend for searching the Logfiles of exchange?

Im asking the question out of a specific reason, as we make our Students to work in the lesson with computers, and even make their exams in the computer rooms, weld like to see to whom they are sending the Mails while in the Exam lesson.... specially if they are sending the solutions of their exam to other students still in the exam.
It is not possible to switch off the mail traffic, as they have to send the solution at the end of their exam to the lecturer.

Thanks in advance for your help

Your Michael
Post #: 1
RE: Searching Logfiles in Exchange - 25.Feb.2004 9:40:00 PM   
ccondo

You can strip the header information out of the SMTP log files, save them as a CSV file by changing the extension, then opening the file in excel as a space delimted text file. This will put the file into columns, and allow you to manipulate the file. On good thing to do is go in excel is choose / Data / Filter / AutoFilter, then the column headings allow you to easily filter the results - by sender, receiver, top 100, etc.

(in reply to zweifler)
Post #: 2

Page:   [1] << Older Topic    Newer Topic >>
All Forums >> [Microsoft Exchange 2003] >> General >> Searching Logfiles in Exchange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Follow TechGenix on Twitter